Hardware decoding problem only for amlogic kernel 3.14

Yes, the note is that they hate Kodi and the TV Boxes, and they have found Amlogic’s weak point :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

None that I know of.

IIRC, the channels that don’t work anymore had this mediainfo:

Scan type : MBAFF
Scan type, store method : Separated fields
Scan order : Top Field First

and now have:

Scan type : Interlaced
Scan type, store method : Separated fields
Scan order : Top Field First

But I may be mistaken. Only someone with recordings from before and after the “change” could confirm it.

Yes I confirm
hardware decoding S922 am-h264 in kodi 18.xx
does not work properly . In 16.xx version it works perfectly (S905)

Fixed! Satellite TV provider has modified HDTV video streams and amcodec has stopped having problems.

are you sure there were not nightly changes?

No, checked with CoreELEC 9.2.1 compiled on November 27, 2019.

All versions with kernel 3.14 (stable and nightly) have a bug in the amcodec hardware decoder that prevents some HDTV videos from playing well, reported in 2017.

and now 3.14 kernel works for you, did I understand it correctly? Could you provide the same sample from the same channel? I can try it on C2

And maybe ukrul can also give feedback, as I read that there are two different issues there (devs knows)

If you want to investigate the differences between the ‘bad’ video and the ‘good’ video, here is the link to the ‘good’ video recorded right now.

Summary: On February 3 the National Geographic channel and other HDTV channels watched good, on February 4 they watched bad, and today February 17 they watched good again. I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING (device or version of CoreELEC).

(Device S912 - CoreELEC Stable 9.2.1)

I can confirm that your problem seems to be really solved on provider side :slight_smile: (tested on C2)

I would like to know, if @Uukrul has also update or not, with Eurosport stream…

Yes, no problems here with all the problematic streams.

1 Like

Thats a great news :slight_smile: