HDMI-CEC Problems Odroid C4 / N2 / N2+

It did not freeze. Just the CEC stopped working using TV Remote. Also it was not possible to change to another HDM-CEC device like Chromecast. I will futher test and observe. Maybe it also has something to do with CoreELEC Settings addon which sometimes becomes extremely slow and sometimes the system says that the addon is not ready. I now installed the debug version of this settings addon as vpeter asked me to do. i deleted the settings of the coreELEC settings addon before. I have installed the nightly from 200121 and will test.

This can be happen because of BlueTooth.
So I guess we have here another issue.

The current used CE settings are from 9.2 and aren’t uptodate anymore.
But the new version from LibreELEC does even work less and we need to wait until it get ready for user community.

1 Like

I have unpaired the paired bluetooth devices, disabled Bluetooth service in CoreELEC settings and pulled out the Bluetooth dongle. I am waiting for a working addon for that. Will continiue testing CEC, thanks for adding the commits to the nightly.

I don’t know if it will get fixed ever on 9.2 :innocent:

1 Like

does it work better on the kodi 19? :slight_smile:

do you use last nightly or my test build? please update to nightly, there was a fix about librespot/spotify.
this fix is not included in my test build. the CEC fixes are already in the nightly.

1 Like

Using the nightly from 200121. Let’s see it how goes.

Still happening but not that often. (only when pressed the buttons continuously, like scrolling) I will try the CE 19. It is definitely better than before. Thank you for your work!

Maybe you leave the debug logs running and I can find another issue…

I didn’t had any issues anymore since last changes here.

@Vodalex
Here another 9.2 test image:
https://mega.nz/file/rK4USRJJ#b1vz7jX7YKgIDvohEuR-706h2_NprR-QSkfUWHZGOXE

It same as nightly except it uses CECB instead CECA driver handling.

Please test with your system of it’s same, worse or hopefully better on your system setup!

Thx!

1 Like

@Vodalex New image:
https://mega.nz/file/OHYDEQzZ#7F2ApD6jlzYMfdxtNnHDbGV31CTp9LVeXGiMZkDJAfE

I found a issue with CECB. Please use this image. The other one can be deleted.

1 Like

Thank you my friend! Will test it today! Is this commit also included in CE19?

Yes, the changes are in v19. They are not in 9.2 nightly as it’s to experimentally.

But on v19 you just can use last nightly.

1 Like

Hey Portisch!
just installed current 06022021 nightly of CE 19.
Will test CEC here. I had it disabled completely for last two weeks because this bug occured and then i decided to use only original IR Remote. I will give feedback.

Please update tomorrow as I just fixed another CEC issue today. It doesn’t matter if 9.2 and v19 nightly, it’s same fix. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks to you and your friends for your hard work, Portisch.

Hello Portisch!
It seems to work stable. I can’t get it to crash.
Really amazing! I will report back if I will see any errors again.

1 Like

My setup after upgrade:

͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ̷ ͏͏→ TV (HDMI 1)
N2 → HDMI switch → |
͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏\ → AVR (HDMI Media player)

TV (HDMI ARC) → AVR (HDMI ARC)

Action: power on TV HDMI 1 → CEC works.
And now: when DVB-C source is selected in TV and then back to HDMI 1 → CEC is lost.

Did not have such result in configuration:

N2 → AVR (HDMI in Media player) / (HDMI out ARC) → TV (HDMI ARC)`

In that configuration switching source in TV back and forth from DVB-C to N2 CEC usually was working .

Now I need to send CEC Activate command using Yatse in order to make CEC back working when switched back from TV DVB-C to N2.

I changed my setup because AVR is the old model that is not capable to receive 4K Video.

I see you have been testing some new CEC implementation which I hope might also solve my issue, so my question is: will it be implemented in next CE 9.2.5 version or only in next version with Kodi Matrix?

If you’re not already using nightlies, you should do it, either Leia or Matrix. Because if you don’t test the changes and you still have a problem, that one is not going to be fixed

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.