Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Can you please Pm me how you do all this, i.e qb/rt torrents and emby many thanks.

Thanks, that was indeed the issue. It works fine with my projector but not with my 720p monitor.

Cant get the remote working. I had paired the remote in android but it wont retain pairing in CE. And I tried re pairing but no luck.

Is booting from USB the only option for the moment?

happy to help.
my homatics remote did not work either. But after reconnecting it it works.
After each boot i have to hold the pairing keys again but that is like a childs lock ^^

afaik usb is basically the only option.
using the eMMC is not officially supported.

But there are experimental user scripts for that linked here in this thread somewhere if you dare

1 Like

what is the diffrence between
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230606.tar
and
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230606-Generic.img.gz
?

is the tar the same as the Generic?

The .tar is only for updates. The other is to burn USB sticks/microSD

1 Like

i tried it and so far it seems to work

currently it does seam to work if i tell the AVR that it hast to use Auro3D
but the AVR cant detect it automatically like it does when Atmos or DTX is passed through :frowning:

Also for anyone reading this in the future and wondering if there is an upgrade path from nightly to stable.

There even is a toggle (Defaulting to yes <3) which upgrades to next stable when available!
→ this is such a nice thing to be done by the devs and specially the default!

Entware for torrent clients and docker for emby server :wink:
That’s how I do it :blush:

Got swag set up with docker as well…

1 Like

I just use the emby server from coreelec addons, works great.

HI, I am having limited success getting DVD ISO playback at native resolution and framerate, a feature that manages to elude more popular devices.
In CoreElec, it allows me to whitelist all display resolutions down the 480p.
Note, it only shows 480p and 576p, it does not show 480i/576i as options.

From any of my US DVD ISOs, they playback perfectly at 480p natively, as I have a high-end video processor that will deinterlace and scale better than any device chipset.
For UK/EU DVD ISOs, I just get a black screen, no error, and no remote press will recover, no sounds, etc.
If I un-whitelist 576p , and try to play the UK DVD it works fine, albeit at 720p native. So it appears to be an issue solely with the PAL 576 resolution on UK/EU DVD Disks.

Any ideas on how I can help diagnose and resolve this?

no real solution but a tag on:

i cant get any blueray or dvd menue to work :confused:

but i guess its the wrong thread to ask kodi related questions since this is a hardware thread regarding the Box R4k plus etc

For BR menus did you install JRE addon from CE repo?

576 PAL issue s not a Kodi/CoreELEC issue, as I just replicated it in the native AndroidTV and DuneHD app. Probably native firmware to the box. I am wondering if it is trying to do 576/60 instead of 576/50 , would be good to try and see what the box is doing EDID wise.

yep i tried.
but it does seam to be a problem with only some of the iso s

The Versions above 230509 are not working great for me. I can’t access the smb server and all YouTube videos in 4k HDR are not working. There’s no playback.

With my backup from 230509 there are none of these issues.

So can I download the .tar for downgrade to this version? Maybe someone have this version?
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230509.tar

Got this successfully setup this morning although it does seem to have choppy playback when playing back DV content such as some remuxes I’ve done from disc.

Actually it appears to playback choppy if you have the GUI displayed while a video is playing. Seems fine otherwise.

One noob question. If I install CoreELEC on a USB stick and start it with NOKIA 8010 “hold reset” option… what happens when I restart the device, will it boot to CoreELEC always or will it go to default Android?

Add this to advancedsettings.xml and try it.

<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

It will go to CoreELEC. In the CoreELEC power menu you can chose reboot from emmc to go to Android.

1 Like

only on nightly tho not on stable :smiley: