Homatics Box R 4K Plus

yeah universal remotes are a thing. I looked at the Logitech harmony.
But the cheaper remotes all look like cheap plastic compared to my Cambridge Audio or even the marantz remote :frowning:

I paid so much for that hobby and than i have that cheap plastic to control it :frowning:

If i dont find a solution ill build my own remote and control it with HomeAssistant… but i really want to check other ways first since i dont like to be HA dependent. (and also the timeinvestment sucks ^^ )

I need to grab the logs but I find performance on the Homatics pretty poor, feels incredibly flaggy with lots of random pauses when attempting to navigate the menus.

hm … do you have a 2nd usb where you can test with a fresh install?

i have a few bugs but performance is only a problem with background playback in menues (which is like 2 fps).

but that aside its really smooth :smiley:

I do actually, I’ll give it a go

Now my box after upgrading to the latest firmware 5310, can not play movies, CE-nightly_20230620 will reboot

Android TV OS security patch level:April 5 ,2023
Kernel version:5.4.210-ab5310 #1 Tue may. 30 20:57:34 CST 2023
Android TV OS build:RTT0.211009.001.5310 RELEASE-KEYS
Box R 4K Plus SW version: v11.8.5310

Yes, we know, it’s under investigation.

mine always boots to this:

booting without usb to android works ^^
not even updated the libary just installed the update to coreelec shut it down with the powermenue and gone to bed.
next day start the box and have a nice little old school screen saver

and forced digital detox time xD

now i have to remember:

no offence XD just hasnt aged well :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re not forced to use CE. Some nightlies can and will break stuff. I ask you again to stop being a wise ass. How old are you? 13?

never said that :wink:
i just clarified because it was easy to misunderstand.
You wrote the sentence i quoted :wink:
dont you think its a little funny following this thread after that?

as i said no offence (:

No, it’s not funny because you distorted what I’ve said. Or are you going to make the same comment everytime there’s something wrong with a nightly?
I repeat that we don’t launch breakable changes every other nightly. Sometimes it happens. So move on, nothing to see here.

Wait, you mean to tell me updating the firmware/system on Android can affect how CoreELEC performs? For example, not play 4K HDR files? Why is that the case? How is that the case?

Well I guess I should be glad I didn’t even set up Android on my Nokia 8010. Also glad Nokia doesn’t provide updates at all, although I have a feeling that might become a problem down the line.

I’m trying to connect and use game controllers on my Nokia 8010 box. Bluetooth works, I’m able to pair and connect, however they do nothing. I also tried with a USB cable on both USB ports, no dice. The controllers just don’t work. They are powered on, but they don’t do anything when I press any button. I tried with a DualSense, DualShock 4 and DualShock 3 controller. I tried changing the controller mode from Linux to Udev and it still doesn’t work. Using the latest nightly.

I’ll edit this and provide logs if necessary later, not at home right now.

Well… You just got your 8010 box I guess, it got OS build 4674 on it? That is already an update. They can push V5310 every day now, if they want. For now, most of these SEI804 boxes follow the same OS updates. With a bit of luck the CE team has solved the issue before you get yours :wink:

No, I got it weeks ago, you can check above posts, been using it ever since. Never even went past the Android setup screen so I don’t know what build I have. I couldn’t get past the setup screen without an internet connection and a Google account. I was never gonna use Android anyways so oh well.

I hope there is a way to update without Android or skip the internet connection and Google account requirements. I read that this is not a requirement but a suggestion, but I wasn’t able to find a skip button anywhere.

is the same like with widows offline account installation.
you can use android with a local “guest account” without credentials its just hidden away ^^
There are youtube tutorials regarding that topic.

but i don’t know if you can perform system upgrade with a guest account.

And i also wonder if we need android updates for coreleelec to work.
Since i did the same got the box never even fully started the android gui ^^

I’ve never actually booted my Homatics into Android, just did the USB reset trick straight away so I guess I won’t let it do any Android updates for the time being

1 Like

It was more to this reaction; “Also glad Nokia doesn’t provide updates at all”, that was a wrong assumption :smirk:

There is somewhere a image linked in this thread. Just burn this for now and do not upgrade until we found the reason. We are quite busy with next surprise and it’s summer out there…

3 Likes

Is there any way to get the Voice button working on these remotes (B25 & Nokia) so you can speak to Kodi and search for stuff?

Very curious to know which surprise. Hope it has to do with Fel decoder in Ugoos/Minix devices.
You, CE team, are not surrending easily. I admire you very much. Thanks again.

2 Likes