Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Is the Nokia 8010 Streaming Box at the same functionality level now as the Homatics/Dune models?

I vaguely recall that the firmware was more outdated on these and so some problems couldn’t be resolved without firmware being updated like on the Homatics.

Looking to buy one as it’s cheaper here than Homatics.

The firmware exatctly same as homatics 5310, plus they added one dvb tuner improvements from homatics betas.

Hello, I’ve just bought Homatics Dune HD edition box, set up CE and all is working really nice. I can see that it should be possible to use Homatics IR module. After the initial boot under Android, it started to work automatically I believe with IR on my Panasonic TV. So when I used Volume +/- it was adjusting TV volume, rather than Android volume (which I like more). Then I set up CoreElec and wanted to achieve the same so I took remote.conf and placed it into /storage/.config and rebooted the box. I have used aszi’s config shared on this forum (Homatics Box R 4K Plus - #620 by aszi), but after reboot, it doesn’t seem to work. At least it no longer adjusts TV volume, but rather Kodi’s volume.
I thought the config might work with different Dune HD remote as I have Revision 2 box (with bigger remote control - new boxes being sold since May 2023). Do I need to adjust factory_code or any value within the config? Or is my understanding wrong and this only works with Dune HD box IR, rather than TV’s IR? It’s interesting that when I reboot into Android now, volume +/- on Homatics remote no longer adjusts TV, but it is now changing Android OS volume (I don’t mind as I plan to use CE over Android anyway, but it would be nice to make IR working in CE).

… and that was for the new Rosegold (revised) Homatics R Plus, had nothing to do with Nokia 8010. But hey, it’s finally there now.

1 Like

Try use mine, from here and disable the bluetooth connection to the remote under coreelec settings. You will see, when ir mode, then the red light flashing instead of green.But you can see again, your cec settings, under CE

Ah, right, I see now. I haven’t originally noticed the led color on the remote. So it probably worked even with the very first config and it is also working with yours. Thank you. I can see red led when pressing buttons and I can also notice the need of pointing remote towards the box, comparing to BT. But I still like it more as there is no need to use pairing mode after each restart. And I think it also stopped working when I took a remote outside of the BT coverage.
Anyway, what confused me is the fact, that it “somehow” worked, on the very first boot under Android, when Vol +/- on Dune’s remote was changing TV volume, rather than Kodi. Meaning Volume +/- graphics was displaying Panasonic icons, over Kodi or Android icons, which is doing now (keeping Panasonic TV volume level unchanged).

Does netflix addon still works with the new aarch64 userspace?

If so does 4K netflix works on this box?

Yes for the first part, no for the second. Netflix is limited to what a browser in Linux can offer. So it’s 1080p.

Surely about I would say 95% of TV’s sold in the last 2 or 3 years must be ‘Smart’ TV’s right, that’s how I used to use Netflix till they got a little too greedy with there subscriptions so binned them. I do have a Homatics Coreelec Box which is used exclusively with ‘Local’ Content.

Ah so i assume for neflix 4K in kodi u need to install kodi on adroid?

ik i do that also but i was just wondering if its possible since this is an android box.

Yes, that’s right.

ive got a very high memory usage on this box like 77%

Compared to my odroid N2 is using 23% memory.

After rebooting my box i can see after reboot the usage is going from 23% to 80% i about 1 min.

I removed my whole library and the usage is 23% and its not ramping up so i dont understand whats happening.

I scanned my library again and the memory usage is ramping up again.

I cant barely browse to my library its sluggish bc its running out of memory

Idk WTF is happening here.

im running CoreELEC 20-ne btw

Yesterday I updated my omega CE 21 ne nightly. A message appears “migration of add-ons” or something like this. After finishing 2 add-ons are disabled. FFMpeg and rtpm.
So have I to wait till new compatible versions come out ? Or is something broken in my system ?

Right now there’s a delay between Kodi bump and addons. It should normalize in the next days.

1 Like

Thanks for the info…

Im trying to run stress test, system tools installed, but I got this message… The command cannot run in omega or nexus ne builds?
IMG_20230903_115357_146

You are using old build: update to latest nightly.

1 Like

@vpeter the CE 21 ne nightly is still supported the homatics boxes and the dv?

Since the 02/09/2023 update for CE21 ne, the bluetooth is disabled in CE settings even if in services it is enabled. Therefore the B21 reemote cant be used, Today’s update did nor solve this problem.