Homatics Box R 4K Plus

I use in IR mode.

Not here, not a single button. It is irresposive.

Have you tried it in BT mode?

Earlier worked , but not tryed long time , cos BT not always connected. When connected after that worked. Thats why I switched it to IR.

Exactly… it does not work in CE. I have tried it in both CE20 and 21. It apparently pairs in CE BT settings, but do not work. Tried many many times, never was capable to hit a button .

Press 2 pair buttons again on remote and it will start to work. At least this usually works for me.

My opinion is that BT sucks. I just can’t get conclusive results with it whatever I do. So it is hard to fix anything is even basic usage is so chaotic.

1 Like

I finally got my new box, opted for the Nokia 8010 instead of Homastic, as it was cheaper and also a lot of “like new” on Amazon.
Managed to boot Coreelect and everything seems to work fine via CEC and an old remote with USB dongle (I used it with Libreelec on an older box).
Someone else mentioned here that, when using the Nokia’s remote, the OK button doesn’t work with BT (I didn’t setup IR yet). The remote is reported as RC212. I am just wondering if someone has found a workaround for that.
To the developers, thank you for adding support to those boxes and continued assistance :slight_smile:

Once when paired, then works. But sometimes unable to pair. Better to use IR hardware mod, or use flirc usb.

Why B21 works perfectly? Never a problem in CE BT

What is flirc usb. I know very few about it

Works for you: for me it works sometimes and sometimes not. In my tests both remotes worked exactly same way (unreliably).

For me, both B21 and B25 worked same. No difference. Both connect or not connect.

It’s paired, I can move up/down/left/right, home button works too. But the OK/Enter button doesn’t work :frowning:

You need to adjust hwdb database. Using evtest program from system tools addon to get OK button code and then follow

1 Like

I have this one (black from Dune) and it is working fine, both BT and IrDA.
I am using CE 20.3 nightly.

Its programable usb IR receiver. All your remotes what have ir mode, can you easyly setup to works fine in CoreElec. Eg. plug your flirc usb to the pc, choose kodi in flirc program, set and map all your buttons there, then plug to homatics box, and voila works perfect. Just the wake up will not work.

Thanks Frodo, didn’t know about it. Will give it a try . I have to order a flirc first… eheh … eheh

Good little thing. I have 3, and use for different eqipments, with different remotes…

My remote is not from Dune but from Homatics. I dont think is the same even if they look the same.

So they must be very reliable. What about ATV you use flirc also overthere?