Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Is all good with audio passthrough in latest CE 21 nightlies?

Yes, the problems were fixed

1 Like

I remember a long time ago that setting the GUI to 4k broke the auto refresh rate/resolution change in CoreElec. Is this still an issue in ne 20 or 21?

Got some Homatics boxes at a good price, even with international shipping it might be cheaper than the usual places. I got mine in two days, and I’ve ordered DVB stuff from them also previously and can recommend the shop.

Is lossless DV work on CE 21 nightlies? All my FEL MKVs froze at the start.

So almost my DV collection got this information:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

As read about DV support, when play these movies, CE will convert to dv profile 8.1 (as my setting).
Is this effect to output quality of the picture?

Yes you will lose some brightness and maybe a little picture quality. Only on Fel movies, Mel movies not affected.

1 Like

I found android kodi master nightly works great, no problem on fel movie.

Fel is being dropped also. Switch to 8.1 in Coreelec for same results.

So now i just realized that all i’ve done to try to play dv on my TV became nonsense! lol! :joy:
Back to HDRHDR!

Did you use the test file (BL_EL.mkv) with the EL layer “Mortal Engines” for testing? Can you see the woman in the background?

Where can i download that file?

From here:

The first sign of reading FEL correctly is some shade bars top and bottom of screen.

1 Like

Look like this?

All I see on my LG TV is the test pattern, I don’t see the bars or the logo etc. My TV shows me that it thinks it’s showing Dolby Vision though.

Should look something like this (Just been trying this out on my AM6B+)

No sadly on my Homatics with 21 alpha 3 I just see the coloured pattern and nothing else regardless of what DV profile I choose (lossless gives a black screen). Am I missing something? I presume if my LG OLED (C8) supports DV it would support FEL etc? Is there anyway I can test these same files via the Android side of the box? If I try 20.2 kodi on Android I just get plain HDR and no DV.

Do I need to try latest nightly? And which one for Homatics? I can never remember:

I don’t think FEL will work with CE (or the CE nightly) but you can try the android omega nightly. I just go on the Kodi website select download and install. With the latest android 21 nighty my Ugoos shows the FEL layer but playback freezes. But I gather the Box R 4K plus may convert it to P8.1 so no FEL layer
For me it is either Monsoon kodi or Nova player for FEL on the am6b+.
I also have a LG OLED.

1 Like