Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Which is why I bought an Oppo UDP-203 clone with jailbreak firmware that can play UHD BDMV and ISO over the network :slight_smile:

If I encounter an MKV file with BL+EL, I manually convert it to BDMV format so the Oppo clone can play it.

But this is getting way off topic :smiling_face:

Can you share the test file? Or share the title.

1 Like

How about cases with layer 8.x, is it also recommended to use player led mode?

EDIT: With player led mode disabled, I can playback DV files only with color sampling forced to 4:2:2 it seems. The TV stops accepting the input if it’s set to Auto.

With player led mode enabled - color sampling must be set to 4:2:2, for the tv to accept the signal in some cases, right?
Is this the recommended way to do it - keeping forced 4:2:2 for all videos, and player led DV mode enabled?

Check the test video, in my case Player Led occurs worst color bandig.

2 Likes

Tried the test video, the color banding indeed seems worst with player led enabled and 4:2:2.
But there is also some banding (worse in the beginning with darker colors, gets better when brighter) with subsampling set to auto and player led disabled.
By the way, I tried to set forced RGB, in this case I get a black screen even with player led disabled. I’m not sure which subsampling gets selected with auto (don’t know how to check, tv is LG C1).

So I guess it’s back to keeping player led disabled and subsampling set to auto for me.

My tv (C9) shows RGB signal with automatic subsampling. You can check in HDMI service menu.

I’d suppose the Kodi log would also show what is being output.

Thanks, I tried looking for this hidden menu some time ago, but maybe I used the wrong combination then. So now it worked for me and I see RGB mode, on auto subsampling setting. Still, if I choose forced RGB mode, the screen is black (though dolby vision logo appears).

Anyway, this doesn’t change the fact that color banding is more obvious when using player led and 4:2:2, compared to disabled player led mode and subsampling set to auto. (on an LG C1 tv)

Yes, this was my experience too.

Hi!
If i backup setting data, can i restore after changing nightlies build?

Hi.

Is already implemented or planned to tag LLDV BT2020 frames as HDR10 standard frames. ?

I mean, without needing Hdfury like devices to enjoy DV rendered frames in non-DV displays, like projectors or Samsung TVs

Would be really great to get It working. Every HDR10 display will get DV content.

Thanks

No, all modern new TV support DV anyway.
No need to cheat around with wrong tone mapping like other distributions.

If your TV does not support DV it fallback to HDR by itself.

I understand

However no Samsung TV supports DV, few projectors support DV, and libplacebo is evolving to solve It.

Anyway thanks for your answer.

When you want to have DV why you buy hardware what does not support it? :thinking:

HdFury can manage tone mapping without issues. Just use a DVLL EDID and enable player led option in CoreELEC. Then you have “fake” DV in 422 Mode.

I didn’t want to open a discussion. I just wanted to make a point about DV decoding to avoid depending on specific licensed HW as much as possible.

By example, many New TV sets don’t support DTS, however, thanks Kodi allows DTS decoding and eArc festures, you can send PCM to those TV sets, and passthrough eArc to AVR if available.

And HDfury, as far as I know, don’t perform any complex tone mapping (LLDV already goes with correct BT2020) , just add HDR10 infoframe so HDR10 display triggers to HDR10 mode to show correct frames.

Still confused about the DV settings that should be used. I’ve tried profile 8 test clips and both player led enabled and disabled the appearance is the same to my eyes. When looking at the player debug display, the output format and color sampling seem to be the same for both as well. Is this just because my TV doesn’t support higher than 4:2:2 for the material? SDR and I think also HDR is output at 12-bit 4:4:4.

I asked this earlier and the answer as far as I can tell is that FEL DV will never work on the Homatics box

How about maximum hdd capacity that CE can support. I just bought new wd my passport 5TB but cant test right now.
Thanks!