Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Hi @vpeter

Here is the log from ATV12 under last CE omega nightly, about the h264 hw decoding file issues.
All other files working fine, DV, HDR.
Log
Log2

thx

@Zuma use last CE ne nightlys

So we can update to ATV12 and then update to CE latest nightly?

BTW how does ATV 12 perform on the homatics?

Its first public ATV12 beta. You can test and ask in Homatics beta test telegram group.

There you go, file is now there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

is anybody here struggling with heat? mine gets up to 165f and it makes me uncomfortable. Is there any modifications I can do or improve the heat spreader?

The latest changelog includes the led configuration add on for dune devices.
How do we find and use this addon?

It will be under Programs in CoreELEC repository. But it was not yet build.
How to use? Try and see (it comes without instructions).

So if it was not built yet, we have to wait for another nightly to try it?
Or probably we have to wait for a “homatics-leds” to appear in the list of available addons to install in addons > CoreELEC add-ons > services
Right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Mecool has entered the game with it’s newest Dolby Vision player. It does have a microSD card slot, Guessing it is the same as the other based Homatics box.

I feel like this should be quite intuitive…
But, how do we do this? :slight_smile: without downloading the addon externally and copying the file to the device

I think the addon will be available very soon, you will set this effect, or lot of solid color, or you can set just some led to light in active mode. Very cool thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Addon was not build even today because I made a mistake in it. I hope it will be available tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hi, I have a question… I bought a LG SP9YA soundbar which has Dolby Atmos and DTS support. I use the Homatics r 4k plus box (Coreelec) and I have it connected to an LG Oled C1 TV, which unfortunately does not support DTS sound. I have the soundbar and TV connected via HDMI ARC. However, a lot of streams and films have a DTS track or even only DTS, so I would like to ask if it is possible to somehow use the DTS audio pass-through so that it is full-featured? For example, I tried using an optical cable to connect the android box to the soundbar, but I couldn’t get the sound to work (it always said something like unsupported format). Does anyone have any advice on how to play DTS sound using an android box via kodi, which will run the picture on the TV so that the sound goes through the soundbar that allows dts? Thank you in advance for your help.

Have you got passthrough and earc on the tv enabled? Or you can set kodi to transcode dts. Most streaming stuff i see is atmos or ddp5.1.

It looks like I didn’t have audio pass-through on the tv… And in kodi’s pass-through settings, I turned off DTS formats and now it’s running, it looks good.

1 Like

Your only affordable option to get all DTS sound formats is to use an HDMI Splitter, something like this
The other option is to get a TV that does support DTS audio formats :wink: