Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Using Sony XBR-X900H + RockTek G2 and Homatics R4K+ only work if i use:
FDCD = 8bit
FCS = Auto

Remote B21 works but B25 doesn’t.

Probably someone needs to prepare hwdb changes as were done for B21.

The 8/12bit RGB issue is might be fixed with tomorrow nightly.

When the output is now DV RGB it forces to 8bit. When the output is 422 it forces to 12bit.
Both forces do require a frame rate switch!
So like GUI 1080p50hz → 4k or 1080p50hz → 1080p60hz.

If GUI is already like 4k60hz and DV media is also 4k60hz the colour depth is not changed, only the colour sampling! This will require more time to find a option in kernel how to perform such colour depth change.

I also added a new option under settings->system->CoreELEC to enforce player LED mode when the TV is able to handle it.

By DV quality it is recommended to use TV LED, RGB 8bit mode!

Both changes are temporary and will require more testing!

Edit:
I think the 4k mode is somehow broken or my tv does not support it when 422 is forced. Not sure…

5 Likes

Hi friends, new HOMATICS pictures
YXZ TRANSFORMER G5009CG 100/1000 BASE-T
Wifi&Bluetooth AP6275SR3
The AV port is not welded
Maybe be able to patch my network issues?

1 Like

sorry to repost this but i was wanting a dev answer.

1: will we be able to install to emmc?
2: are android firmware updates still required?

1. CoreELEC and Dolby Vision
  2. CoreELEC and Dolby Vision

number 1 is confusing:

Is internal install by he tool ceemmc available?
No, as some items are required to be used from the underlying Android system it is not supported.

then at the bottom it states:

What does the message ‘no “super” partition found’ mean?
Amlogic-ne CE-21 needs Amlogic Android TEE tools from the installed Android system on internal eMMC. Older versions of ceemmc removed such needed partitions. If you encounter this message, a recovery of Android on eMMC is required, after which you can perform a internal install again.

and number 2 is not mentioned

Do you have no Ethernet? If so try rebooting from android into CoreELEC.

The answer is NO

There is no official recovery image provided by the vendor. So after a internal install the device is bricked and Android can not be recovered or renewed.

So it’s locked out completely. We same with other vendors to. It’s about the vendor strategy, not about us.

has homatics been asked about a recovery image?

not even dual boot?

I booted from Android to CE with Ethernet working, and I want CE to add G5009CG driver to make my Ethernet Normal working.

Please try on CE ssh:

mf
cd /flash
fdtput -t i dtb.img /soc/ethernet@fdc00000 internal_phy 2
sync
reboot

We also have the same PHY mounted so we don’t know what is different as no source is available.

The YXZ TRANSFORMER G5009CG is a transformer and need no driver :joy:

I executed the command above, still have a WIFI connection, no Ethernet connection. Thank you.

Add pictures

Can it help?
CoreELEC2:~ # fw_printenv | paste
http://ix.io/4tt1

aml_dt=sc2_s905x4_ah212-id5

Follow the wiki instructions to export the DTB.
SSH into CoreELEC and type:
dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/backup/dtb.img.gz
dtb.img.gz (99.1 KB)

All is OK! Thank you!

Does DV is played in current version of Coreelec as player or display led please? I would like the TV is taking care about the metadata

Preferred is display LED, RGB as it gives best user experience. With today nightly there is a user option to enforce player LED if the TV support it.

1 Like

Just an idea, could it be that some kind of pull-up/pull-down resistor has been ommited in some board revisions thus controlling some enable signal depends on soc and firmware to put some gpio pin into some state neede to enable ethernet ic?