Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Hello everyone, I have had a Dune HD Homatics R 4K Plus and CE (latest version) on it for a week. This box is connected to my Marantz AV receiver via HDMI. CEC is completely disabled on the Dune, Marantz and my TV. My Harmony One+ including Flirc is currently controlled via IR. (the internal IR does not recognise my Harmony One Plus+)

Now I have had the box for a week and I have the phenomenon that when I switch off the Marantz and the TV, the Dune is “frozen” when I switch it on the next day. Even if nothing happens, this box is suddenly “frozen” after a certain time.

I have now installed CE for the third time, set it up and also looked under Android to see what is set there.

Note: I have received the HEX codes for IR of the Dune and passed them on to Logitech…the database is filled with them. But could it be that the internal IR is causing a problem with the Flirc?

Does anyone else have these problems? Is it possible to deactivate the internal IR?

It would be nice if someone could help…

Blacklist kernel module meson_ir

could you please explain this to me in more detail? how can you deactivate this?

I think device goes to suspend. And this needs to be disabled. Maybe with /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml? But don’t know how exactly.

yes…but the signal / command comes from my Harmony one+…but i have used rasp with LE incl. this Harmony since 5 years…there wasnt this situation. i have to search after “deactivating the suspend modus”

2 posts were split to a new topic: IPTV Simple 21

I asked few times and never got answer: do you even know when it freezes? Just at random interval, when pressing some buttons, …
I think you are expecting to make your setup perfect without investing much own time into.

I had answered each time and basically I’m already investing hours in it that it finally runs well and reliably.

I also said that when Harmony “turns off” the action is that it then “freezes” when it turns on. Even if I’m out for 1-2 hours and then I want to bring back the TV and the Dune - just press a button to bring it out of standby - there’s a freeze. Without any action such as actively pressing a button - only for waking up.

In no case do I take the easiest way to get the setup sorted out. On the contrary. Maybe it’s also the CE.

when I restart Ce it always freezes, my plan was to create a log file but how will that work in this case?

Copy kodi.log and kodi.old.log manually from lol g folder. Enable Kodi debug before! Then you will also see the location where the log files are located.

kodi.log (1.6 MB)

Not so easy, every time I want to make an error log comes the message (Faild to paste log files, try again).

I don’t get a URL log but it is in the directory but the file is 18 MB and can’t be uploaded.

Like the Movie Database Python scraper, there are also only error messages.

The system is rebuilt, the first times it works with the restart but after a while no longer, always freezes in the shutdown menu.

The 4k60 GUI mode switch to 4k60 dolby vision still a work in progress?

A post was merged into an existing topic: CoreELEC 20.1-Nexus Amlogic-ne Discussion

It should be solved already with last nightly.

I still get no picture.

dmesg
http://ix.io/4u0N
kodi
https://gofile.me/5QThw/VGRBBb1Nc
dispinfo
http://ix.io/4u0P

Something looks wrong, it still pick 420 because of 4k60hz, this should be ignored because of DV.

EDIT,
ah maybe I know the error. cd & cs is checked for 0 and skip mode switch.
But 0 is a valid value… Will test it next week.

1 Like

On my Panasonic Oled no such a problem. Gui at 4k60 mode and DV is perfect. Same on the Lg C2.
Just for your information.

Just wanted to say, KUDOs to all of you Devs…

Just tested a UHD Rip of Back to the Future with Dolby Vision, and it plays perfectly., Outstanding work by you guys. This is using the Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus

1 Like

Back to the future with dv? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: How does it look like? :grin:

I already had the Blu-ray version, but the 4K looks and sounds fantastic.

1 Like