Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Using Nova player I don’t get the brightness changes.

Yes, referring to your test, dune has an RPU response.

I tested homatics without RPU response.

Just so we on the same page. I tested with the dune version of the Homatics box with the dune app.

Every theorie is useless without prove practically → log.

I think we need a Offtopic thread for such discuss.

1 Like

Do your builds process the rpu?

Yes, they do:

So I guess by my foggy glass ball Dune do the same…

Cool Thanks

I converted BL_EL.mkv to MEL and tested with HOMICS and there was a strong RPU response.More RPU metadata is preserved.

Convert BL_EL.mkv to P8.1 and test with HOMATICS, and basically no RPU response is visible.Very little RPU metadata is preserved.

Maybe CE has 2 options, one is to convert to MEL, and the other is to convert to P8.1, let the user choose?
TESTFILE2

Power consumption Homatics R4 Plus with 5V DC IN:

GUI, idle:		2.9W
AV1:			4.0W
HLG:			3.6W
H264, 1080p:	3.2W
DV 8.1, 4k:		3.9W
DV MEL, 1080p:	3.4W
Power off:		0.12W
Suspend:		0.64W
2 Likes

Main thing is those boxes are equipped with too small power supply.
My Vontar X4 takes 10W playing 4k hdr video from 2.5" hdd plugged in to a usb3. This makes max from 2A power supply delivered… Wondering how long is it going to be like that until it stands in fire? :grin:

@Portisch did you read actuall data or is it manufacturer bullshit? :wink:

I only do measurements like this by myself. And it’s measured on DC input.
So depends on your power supply used it increase what it really consume on 110V/230V AC.

1 Like

Can’t wait to test Dovi in CE
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi to all,
newbie in ce, I just installed last nightly build on R+ and I’d need some help to achieve its configuration:
.is there a specific file for B25 remote (big/premium one) or should I proceed with the B21 one ?
.same issue with Input Stream Adaptive as in Kodi (I solved installing version before 23/03/2023), how to fix it in ce, so IPTV Simple Client works ?
Many thanks

So again, thanks for the team, great work!
And thanks for the users also to helped with that! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Thank you team. Great great work

1 Like

Profile 7, 4k, FEL, converted to minimal EL,good job,thanks CE team!

What message do you get when trying to install inputstream adaptive? If the problem is with inputstream helper you can use the test version found here:

MEL conversion is not recommended (by quietvoid and me) it messes up the colors in the video. You will no longer get an accurate representation.

Sorry for asking, I just abandon this installation try, not a single ssh command worked (deprecated, many other errors), I’m moving back to kodi under atv11 with remote and iptv working… many thanks!