Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Did you load the s905x2 dovi.ko? The gazelle module that @djnice posted is dovi_vs12.ko (A311D2), and is for kernel 5.4. It insmod loaded for me, but there was no DV playback which is not a surprise.

yes it gives this warning when I try to load the file “dovi_vs12.ko”.

@Portisch
I tested here is one sample reported earlier. And tested the full hd files too.
Seems like under Android beta 12 kernel 5.4.242, the CE 21 NE nightly has the blur issue under in h264 files, and the CE21 NO nightly not.
So the NO works better with these files, but there is no DV support…

1 Like

Thx, so when it’s confirmed it works on NO than I can backport it to NE.

2 Likes

Please confirm the crop issue on bottom is solved:

3 Likes

Yes, confirmed. The blur issue gone now in my H264 files.
Nice work, thanks

1 Like

Hi !
Do you have a brand or model of “(fast) USB stick” to recommend ?

Speed of usb to install CE is not so important.
I used usb 3.0 plug to 2.0 port of my box, the 3.0 port for usb hub for 4 hdd portable

1 Like

It is because the supplier does not provide it, so I ask the private people to provide a flash package.

I have 2 questions.

1. Can I install pre release version of ne, over nightly build ne?
  2. I use a nokia 8010, is there an option for the remote to work via bluetooth and not infrared?

Can anyone confirm whether adding the x905x2 dovi.ko to an AMLogic S905x2-J box that has DV-licensed Android along with CoreELEC -ng 20.5 and the patch by @cpm will give the device true TV-Led, CM4.0, and DV HDR profile 7 FEL or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

The s905x2 module doesn’t work properly with the s905x4. It works without problems on the s922x because they are similar SOCs (both G12).

So is there any other DV-licensed device besides the Ugoos AM6+ or the Minix that the module will provide DV HDR profile 7 FEL, CM4.0, & true TV-Led to?

It’s yet to be determined that the module is responsible for making DV FEL, it could be the SOC itself. We might have a better idea about that in a week.

The TV-Led bug that @cpm worked to fix in CE-NG, appears to have been patched by AML some time ago in kernel 5.4. CE-NG should be handing TV-Led correctly already. Did someone test and verify there was a problem on the s905x4?

I had homatics box r 4k plus, and it was fake tv-led when I was using it back in January.

1 Like

I guess I’m just hoping there will be a device (less expensive, easier to find) than either the Ugoos AM6+ or the MINIX clone that does all the good stuff (DV HDR profile 7 FEL, true TV-Led, CM4.0, etc.

The minix clone? What’s that? Those are two different devices with the same soc. Not a clone.

Quite right - poor choice of words. I meant to imply they have the same ICs.

Speed of usb to install CE is not so important.
It does install something on the box or does it only boot from the usb drive ?

Im not sure about that, but i think add-on, skin will store in usb.