Homatics Box R 4K Plus

well Homatics or whatever thought it was good to make the box without any ventilation holes at all so you can put a small fan under it and get lower temps, but with no holes the fan won’t do anything so I opened it up (thankfully very easy) and put the fan inside the box lol, idle temps went down from 55 degrees celsius to 30-35.

wheres the cooling lol? (see and learn from Ugoos)

with fan “installed”

You can check if it worked, but following the last step of the guide. When you SSH in and type mount

After the mod it should look like this:
/dev/sda1 on /flash type vfat (ro,…)
/dev/data on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime,resgid=1065)

you’ll see that /storage above is being mounted to /dev/data, which is the data partition of the eMMC.

Things like posters that are stored under /storage may load faster after the move to eMMC.

1 Like

Homatics,Rose gold,Fresh install , no Ethernet,Please help
CoreELEC (official): 21.1.1-Omega_nightly_20240904 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
Machine model: Dune/Homatics R 4K Plus
CoreELEC dt-id: sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280_id5
Amlogic dt-id: sc2_s905x4_ah212-id5
dmesg | paste
https://paste.coreelec.org/LibidoCaution

fw_printenv | paste
https://paste.coreelec.org/PearlsNothin

dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/backup/dtb.img.gz
dtb.img.gz (106.3 KB)

Which dtb files did you try?

I think some people in the forum reported that they got ethernet working by using the sc2_s905x4_ugoos_x4.dtb one.

mine is also Rose Gold and this dtb worked

sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb

but have you tried lastest nightly?

how do I install latest dtb for this box from latest nightly to current CE installation?

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:updates

Still no ethernet

Hi @vpeter , when we want revert this modification, and use the usb pendrive instead of the emmc part, what need to made? thanks

anyone tried or know if it’s possible to overlock the cpu? like 2.2 /2.4GHz? I run active cooling on my box now and thought it would be fun to see if it works. :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed that Ethernet have stopped working now, everytime I turn box off then on I need to reboot to Android and back to CE to get eternhet working again, using latest ng dtb, when I used generic dtb I think it worked.

If someone knows, please let me know whether I can wake up a Dune HD Plus from power off using the included IR remote, so that it boots into CE.

Longer post here:

It does, dont worry

1 Like

The problem of image when watching satellite channels (with pvr addon ) still remains even with the latest night release.

Excuse me, is this a livestream source for CAVS

this from DVBS2 & PVR DVBViewer

Why all moaning around but nobody lasts at least one log?
It’s Amlogic-ng? It’s not supposed to work as focus is Amlogic-ne.

1 Like

May I ask if the live streaming source of CAVS can be watched under NG?

Maybe, because the users want to use the dv p7 fel lossless decoding, and that is not possible in NE…
The NG version of homatics is not ready yet right? thx