Homatics Box R 4K Plus

I’ve read carefully the unlock procedure on the Raven and I know that it is doable. But, you need to buy the right version and spend at least 10 minutes to unlock it. Only then you can install CoreELEC. For the homatics, you only need to install CoreELEC. My point that no unlock is less complicated than an unlock procedure after buying the right box on ebay.

I’m glad the Raven exists and the more devices that can run CoreELEC the better, but I’m not sure about recommending it to a new user. Nor is it the perfect device with it’s inability to use the bluetooth or it’s lack of ethernet and full-size USB.

If the VC-1 bug is fixed, I really don’t see a disadvantage to the Homatics besides the inability to install to the eemc.

Of course, you can feel free to disagree.

Hi thanks for ur help . i m getting an error while flashing with aml burning tool - secure boot failed

Any fix to that ?

Any new Cube can be unlocked.

Nobody said it’s perfect or to buy it over an SEI s905x4 box. What I disagree with is one or two people trying to declare the perfect/best box by steering all the discussion.

You can flash it with recovery. Copy to usb stick…
Remember… You can’t downgrade to atv11 when ATV 12 is already installed.

What reddit post are you referring to? If not working just boot from SD card and forget about emmc.

FYI 99% of FEL remuxes you see online have the 2nd video track muxed into MKV creating a STDL (single track dual layer) video. This is most robust and CE handles these files 100% with no issue.

For DTDL (two video tracks, FEL separate) CE will play these with caveats. On direct image playback, ISO/M2TS/BDMV there is an audio sync issue when FF/RW. On MP4/MKV I believe DTDL now plays without bugs, but it is not considered best practice. All the best remux groups will create a STDL.

For P7-MEL, it is same as P8. For P7-FEL, the quality drops during P8 conversion. The enhancement layer (EL) is discarded leaving only the RPU, which is still better than HDR only.

No. Dune is not lying either, but being extremely and intentionally misleading. Read carefully through their description, it says they play BL and RPU only. Basically P7-FEL is played as MEL/P8. Same as Shield Pro, Zidoo, non-CE Homatics, etc.

35 MB/s is 280 Mbps, which is more than the most you need. Not the least.

The highest average bitrate 4K UHD ever released is Misery at 105Mbps. Figure double that for peaks and you get 210 Mbps which is 26 MB/s. That is the most you’ll need.

Plus Kodi has a cache as well, which will smooth over peaks and compensate for wifi. I would actually test on content and that should let you know whether you wifi is up to par, or if you need ethernet.

3 Likes

I just received it today and within 1 hour the sound stop working? I turned it on, setup my Google account then left it alone for about 45 minutes while I read the Coreelec install guide and flashed the USB. When I got back to the device, there is no sound!!! Again, I literally just pulled it out of the box and it was on only 45 minutes.

The DuneHD Homatics Box R 4k Plus/ Nokia 8010 / RockTek G2 TV boxes do not have an SD card port, can it be a problem for CoreElec to have to use USB? and what transfer speed is required?

There’s no problem USB booting, all those models have USB3 ports. Even USB2 is fine.

1 Like

Just bought a 2TB USB SSD Drive, with an idea to attach this locally to store some media.

If I plug it in whilst CE is running then all works fine and can see the drive shared out using it’s drive label. If I reboot the box, then it eventually reboots into Android TV. If I use the Reboot to CE App nothing works, just keep looping into Android TV or Android Recovery.

Anyone have any ideas? Tried formatting the SSD as exFAT and NTFS, but neither make any difference.

Nokia 8010.

Hi thanks for your help. can u share most stable ATV12 Dune Homatics 4K Plus ( with which Dune DMC works) firmware please ?

Sorry , I have no Firmware . But why you think I have something like that?

Atv12 firmware can be downloaded at Dune web site!
Just checked at Dune web site, may be they removed download link!

Received my $149USD Dune HD Pro Vision 4K today.

I used the pen drive from my Dune Homatics box that already had CoreELEC on it. However, I had to replace the device tree with this one >> sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb <<.

Since I was not sure where the “reset button” was located, I used this app “Reboot_to_CoreELEC_3.0.apk” and it worked like a charm.

Since this pen drive was used on my Dune Homatics, it already had the IR remote working, so I had to use that remote, and it worked well.

Tomorrow, I will install CoreELEC onto a microSD card and use that. Not sure there is a remote.config for the Dune remote.

Dune HD Pro Vision 4K – DUNE HD (dune-hd.com)

2 Likes

I just bought a Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus. I installed CoreELEC and was able to see the woman with the camera in the FEL test video. I used the PlexKodiConnect addon. Ethernet is working for me after I switch to Android and back to CE.

I installed CE on an old USB 2 thumb drive that I wasn’t using. Would I see any improvement in speed such as scrolling thru movie posters in Kodi if I use a USB 3 thumb drive?

1 Like

it might be, you can also move data to eMMC, I run microSD + USB adapter on my backup Homatics box R 4K+, but also moved data to eMMC.

https://www.amazon.se/-/en/gp/aw/d/B09X7BYSFG

https://www.amazon.se/SanDisk-MobileMate-microSD-Reader-Writer/dp/B07G5JV2B5

Hi, in order to use dolby vision P7 FEL in my box ,I’m using the NG version+dovi.ko. LAN network,wifi,bluetooth are working great, but in the power meun, it does’t have the reboot from emmc/nand option, and LEDs not working either .
But when I changed to the NE version using sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb , all worked great except P7 FEL.
I tried the sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb and sc2_s905x4_ugoos_x4.dtb in NG ,and are the same result, no reboot from emmc/nand and LEDs.
So is there a way to fix this ?Since I need the FEL and want to boot to android sometimes so I’m stucked in the NG ,and I’m using the default skin not custom. Thanks in advance!

Currently the NG version not fully supported in Homatics box, and we dont know, if that will working anytime.
The profile7 fel works good, but I have some bigger sound issue there.

In the NE version working good all, except DV profile7 FEL decoding.

what sound issue ?And there is no perfect version for homatics for now, what a pity.