Homatics Box R 4K Plus

When I play truhd, or dts-hd movie, stop that, than the GUI sound, or the flac musics, play two to four times faster, and give me squirrel sound, until I play one dts source.
Then all good .

Are you running CE-NG or CE-NE? Are Ethernet/WiFi/BT/sdcard working (sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb), anything not working?

I have not checked WiFi or BT, but Ethernet works perfectly. It was the NG running on my Dune Homatics box. The device tree that was used on the Dune Homatics would not boot, so I had to use a different device tree. So, all I did was pull the “pen drive” from the Dune Homatics and pop it into my new Dune HD Pro Vision 4k box.

CoreELEC Running on the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K (youtube.com)

I will be making a video later showing all of the “stats” like Wi-Fi performance, Aida64, DRMinfo, etc.

1 Like

Where did you buy your “Dune HD Pro Vision 4k” ?
Here in Europe their EU-shop states it’s sold out.

Does the Premier 4K Pro boot CE too?

Dune HD Pro Vision 4K – DUNE HD (dune-hd.com)

I don’t have that device.

Yes for sure , it’s possible to boot coreELEC. Same box like homatics, same Android TV versions… I have one.

1 Like

Is it the same board as the R Plus, just with a daughter board attached for the HDD? Have you tried booting CE-NG, wifi, bt, ethernet working?

Maybe there are some free alternatives for MakeMKV?
For checking if FEL is present in a video file.

FYI I posted along time go about how to do that using dovi_tool and ffmpeg both free tools, can put in a script and run over your video collection and get results for all the files.

Nice, i’m guessing this is the post with instructions on how to determine if a dolby vision video file has FEL in it.

So, if we see ““dovi_profile”:7,“el_type”:“FEL”” in the output file using this technique, this is the type of content that is currently not fully passed to the tv if we use CE-NE on our boxes, right?

Yep that post, let others comment on CE-NE as never used it.

Much simpler to play it with your T8 version along with @frodo19 new skin and check PlayerProcessInfo :slight_smile:

well that’s simply awesome :slight_smile:
I guess there’s no way to check this data that is displayed in PlayerProcessInfo without actually playing the file?
By using an addon or modifying the skin to show some of that info when highlighting the files for example. Like a mediainfo app alternative for Kodi/CE.

There are some pictures what’s inside.

Never tested NG coreELEC on this Box. Only NE .

1 Like

Yeah thats nice to check whilst running - but nice to have in the library as well wondering if there is a way for additional custom icons / tags in Jellyfin.