Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Please excuse me if my question is too general for this topic or if that’s considered common knowledge, but I’m willing to understand and the Homatics Box R 4K Plus seems like a good example for this.

So, in the Homatics webpage Q&A section I found several answers that the Homatics Box R 4K Plus doesn’t passthrough DTS MA, but when using Kodi app (or coreELEC), the full DTS MA signal (not only DTS core) can actually be passed to the receiver?

So, am I safe to think that Kodi has its own driver for the lossless audio formats (Dolby true HD, DTS MA) and is not dependent on specific hardware for their passthrough to the receiver?
(unlike dolby vision, for which hardware support is mandatory, as I understand?)

Not in Kodi under ATV (or any other app), but in CoreElec, yes.

Alright, thanks, so coreELEC is the one that implements lossless audio formats support for devices that otherwise don’t support them (not Kodi app), and Homatics Box R 4K Plus is the only device that has coreELEC and dolby vision capabilities?

As in, not yet. It could be coming in the future (lossless), but at this moment, not supported under the current Android TV 11 OS build (also not with the latest beta).

Regarding the Homatics Plus. There are equal devices with the same SEI804 code, but they are not all exactly the same. For now, the Homatics R Plus, the Dune version and the Nokia 8010 gives the most options. The Rocktek R2 has a different Ethernet solution, that seems not solved at this moment.
But correct me if I’m wrong on this.

Edit: also solved for the Rocktek. Nice.

1 Like

What do you mean - dolby vision or lossless audio?

All lossless audio codes

So currently, TrueHD and DTS MA are not passed through with coreELEC on Homatics Box R 4K Plus?

With CoreElec, all of them just fine… TrueHD also under Android TV (with some problems)

1 Like

Well thanks, that clears things up a bit.
And running CoreELEC on a new Homatics Box R 4K Plus box is as easy as inserting an SD card, or connecting a USB drive with CoreELEC written in it?
No need to unlock the bootloader, or something like that?

1 Like

No, Use a fast usb drive and you are done

1 Like

And we use the generic image sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit, right?

Yes, with Homatics dtb

I think I just solve it.

[   10.627094@2]  meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: PHY [0.0:02] driver [Intel XWAY PHY11G (PEF 7071/PEF 7072) v1.5 / v1.6]
[   15.744140@2]  meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
[   15.744180@2]  IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
2 Likes

@rome1931 Thanks, I missed the part with the DV profile descriptions in the announcement :slight_smile:

So I went back to Saving Private Ryan, where there is normally flickering at the 2:45 mark (the grass) and I noticed that I did have flickering with the Minimal EL setting, but not with the Profile 8.1 setting. Profile 8.1 MP looked completely washed out and 8.4 I didn’t try.

1 Like

Thanks to the CE team, I installed 0421 and Ethernet is normal.

meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: PHY [0.0:00] driver [YT8531 Gigabit Ethernet]

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
          inet addr:192.168.1XX.1XX  Bcast:192.168.1XX.2XX  Mask:255.255.2XX.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:3386051 errors:0 dropped:1 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:919732 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:5022609119 (4.6 GiB)  TX bytes:70859535 (67.5 MiB)
          Interrupt:42

Hello everyone, I have had a Dune HD Homatics R 4K Plus and CE (latest version) on it for a week. This box is connected to my Marantz AV receiver via HDMI. CEC is completely disabled on the Dune, Marantz and my TV. My Harmony One+ including Flirc is currently controlled via IR. (the internal IR does not recognise my Harmony One Plus+)

Now I have had the box for a week and I have the phenomenon that when I switch off the Marantz and the TV, the Dune is “frozen” when I switch it on the next day. Even if nothing happens, this box is suddenly “frozen” after a certain time.

I have now installed CE for the third time, set it up and also looked under Android to see what is set there.

Note: I have received the HEX codes for IR of the Dune and passed them on to Logitech…the database is filled with them. But could it be that the internal IR is causing a problem with the Flirc?

Does anyone else have these problems? Is it possible to deactivate the internal IR?

It would be nice if someone could help…

Blacklist kernel module meson_ir

could you please explain this to me in more detail? how can you deactivate this?

I think device goes to suspend. And this needs to be disabled. Maybe with /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml? But don’t know how exactly.

yes…but the signal / command comes from my Harmony one+…but i have used rasp with LE incl. this Harmony since 5 years…there wasnt this situation. i have to search after “deactivating the suspend modus”