Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Good choice. It is at moment the only box that can be used with Coreelec for DV, HD audio passtrough and correct AFR

I also like that I will be able to play HDR10Plus & HLG HDR along with DV HDR, HDR10, & SDR. Basically any video file I happen across I will be able to play. :slight_smile:

I’d like to know the difference and pros/cons between the various DV options too.

1 Like

Can someone please measure the power plug and give the rated power figures on the power supply? I’d like to source an Australian power supply for this, Homatics have advised they won’t provide one.

Are you talking about the Ugoos or the (Dune) Homatics? Because I tried on the Dune with Nova Player and both BL_EL.mkv and Saving Private Ryan FEL do not play well and only show weird colors.

S922X based Ugoos or Minix.

Wait, will try now. Few minutes pls. I thought you were referring to Homatics.

Tried on the Ugoos with Nova player no flickering but bad motion at 24 and 60Hz.

Can’t comment about Ugoos, but on my Minix I could see the flashing (RPU) and the FEL by using nova player.

May be is a Ugoos problem.
Tomorrow will make more tests.

Thank you for that

1 Like

I want to thank everyone on this thread for the facinating discussions - keep 'em coming.

as you a ce team, can s922x install ne(DV) in future?

Hi,
somebody else is using the player besides me with SPDIF passtrough on optical/toslink plug? I have an older receiver but non HD sounds enough for me. My receiver (Yamaha RX-V1300) is Dolby Digital/DTS capable.
The problem is: i have sound drops randomly (every 5-10 minutes) if i connect directly the receiver to the Homatics player. If i pass the signal through TV i have no drops.
Homatics player passthrogh SPDIF optical → Receiver / random drops
Homatics player passthrogh HDMI → LG oled passthrough SPDIF toslink → Receiver / no drops

The issue of wrong colour subsampling/depth on DV → non DV without stop media between should be solved with tomorrow nightly.

1 Like

@Portisch Great to see all the bugs getting squashed on by one.

All we need now is a kernel update to be able to use two decoders lol.

Btw, is there a way to get the Dune remote control working in CoreELEC?

EDIT: Never mind, managed to pair the Dune remote using bluetooth :slight_smile:

And also, could you please explain the differences between the various DV conversion options?

Thanks for all the amazing development you guys are doing!

I’d like to ask what’s the status of inputstream adaptive for CE21? NHL.TV addon can’t play streams and in log there are 403-Forbidden errors. On same box with CE20 it does work. Credentials are ok.