Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Back usb-c port just for charging, or for tuner dongle. No data connection.
Special usb-c on bottom 12V not useable for data connection too…

1 Like

This is because when you reconnect someone remove the DV capability from the EDID.

On boot it’s included:
http://ix.io/4unc

After disconnect/reconnect it’s gone:
http://ix.io/4und

I am right now testing a new item that a user EDID can be used. But this is not a replacement for nothng connected at all, only like to fake EDID.

1 Like

The discussion @rome1931 started is here:

So how could we tell which option (Profile 8.1 or Minimal EL) is best for each individual file? Is there something to check for with mediainfo for example?

1 Like

In my setup, with the 8.1 all good, but with minimal el, I have weird color or flickering., you can test, whats in your setup the best.

Thank you both for your replies…Too bad about no data-bearing USB Type-C ports…

Would there be noticeable advantages to booting from a USB 3.0 connected SSD over a USB 2.0 connected SSD?

If I use a powered USB 3.0 hub, can I plug a bootable SSD in along with media HDDs? Will there be congestion on the Homatics bus?

Sorry for n00b questions…

For best experience

1 Like

If Android on the eMMC were updated, would CoreELEC need to be re-installed? I’m unexperienced in linux but I’m willing to err on the side of safety and not jeopardize bricking the Homatics.

CoreELEC runs entirely off USB so android updates will not effect it

You will need to press and hold the reset button on first boot after Android update.

This is if I use the partial eMMC installation as described here? Homatics Box R 4K Plus - #278 by vpeter

I would be completely satisfied just booting from a USB 3.0-connected SSD. I just wanted to know if there were any noticeable differences or advantages between booting from partial-eMMC installation vs. USB 3.0 SSD vs. USB 2.0 SSD vs. USB 2.0 HDD, etc.

You do not need to reinstall coreelec if android is updated. Only have to do the reset button again to boot from usb. Ssd usage is a waste. Small usb 3 drive with emmc as storage will yield best results

Excellent! Thank you very much!

I’d like to reserve the USB 3.0 Type-A port for media storage on one or more HDDs. Would using the USB 2.0 Type-A port for a small HDD suffice as a boot drive?

I was able to boot from usb 2.0 port but I didn’t have nothing plugged in usb 3.0 port.

That’s great to hear. Thank you for testing that!

1 Like

First of all, many thanks to the developers of CoreElec, you really do a great job.

I’ve been using the build on my Dune Homatics from the beginning, I have an LG G2 OLED which of course can do Dolby Vision, but I have no idea to the current state of CoreElec what the right settings are now. In Germany, our TV is standard 50HZ, I should now set the Gui to 1080p50Hz or can I do what I want?

The white list I have left empty and everything else on auto but what about covert DV which setting is the right one now? Under CoreElec/Display / Use Player LED on or off?

I know there are many questions, but even I as a non-knowledgeable would like to have the best setting.

At last Im able to work all three my remotes, the b21 small, the b25 premium, and the Nokia 8000, to work with both Android tv, and in the CoreELEC. In atv works in paired bluetooth mode as normal. On the Coreelec, works in IR mode.
No more pairing issues.

But you will need Flirc usb ir receiver.
In the flirc I choosed the Kodi, learned/teached the homatics remote buttons(all have ir functions) , than all working perfect.

2 Likes

I’m on 50Hz standard overhere also, but under CE, by the AFR support, you don’t have to choose 50Hz as standard.

@frodo19, just to confirm, because I still have to work on IR remote control with my Dune HD box:

• All these remote controls works as well with bluetooth as IR
  • You did not find an IR receiver in your box (or it was not working)
  • But you did not have a Dune HD box, which allegedly should have an IR receiver