Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Well, the Original homatics box R 4k plus not have IR receiver. And when I good know the Rocktek g2 neither …

I also have my doubts. At least it is nothing to be seen from the outside (hole or something similar). If it is not hidden somewhere in the LED band…

There is a link with “Dune HD Google IR Codes”:

https://dune-hd.com/support/app/dunehd_google_ir_codes.html

So it sounds like the Dune could have an IR receiver?

I opened up the dune and saw the ir sensor

Thank you, I hope I find time over the weekend to give it a try

hi guys,

i would also be interested in the answers to these questions, from mark5564.

Is there anyone in the community who already has experience with the settings in the Coreelec?

I have a LG C1, and I have all the settings at default.
I set GUI to 1080p 50Hz, that way when you watch TV, you don’t get refresh rate switching.
1080p/4K HDR10/HLG/DV content works perfectly in my case.
My soundbar can’t pass 4K60 DV, so in that type of content I get no signal, but it works fine when connected directly to the TV.

1 Like

Do you have Convert DV set to 8.1?

Yes, sorry, forgot that part. :slight_smile: All at defaults.

Thanks mate

With your TV being LG G2 then populate the white list with all HD & UHD resolutions. That way Kodi will send such original material, without any conversion, to TV. And your TV is much, much better in doing the needed conversion work…

Does anyone know how to go about creating a remote.conf for the Dune version?

I tried to follow this: 02. Amlogic: Creating remote.conf from scratch · CoreELEC/remotes Wiki · GitHub

But I cannot find the factory code.

However, if I run the “ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY -t” command I do get output with different scan codes if I press some keys on the remote:

Protocols changed to rc-5 jvc sony nec rc-6
Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
380.720018: lirc protocol(nec): scancode = 0x8821
380.720038: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x8821
380.720038: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
380.768014: lirc protocol(nec): scancode = 0x8821 repeat
380.768032: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x8821
380.768032: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
383.204017: lirc protocol(nec): scancode = 0x8819
383.204037: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x8819

Factory code (actually whole line like is shown in instructions) is shown at the end what command dmesg returns.

I know, but dmesg -c does not return anything related to the remote, only the ir-keytable command shows responses.

Don’t use -c argument because this clears the log. Or use it only once before pressing anything on remote. After that use only dmesg.

Thanks, but I don’t get anything related to the remote from dmesg. However I took a guess that the factory code is 7788 because that is what all the NEC IR codes on the Dune web page end with and it seems to work!

I only tested with the ENTER key in remote.conf, but Kodi responded to it, so next step is to try and add all the other codes.

Hi!

Try this:

use config files from: GitHub - CoreELEC/remotes: Repository for AmRemote & Meson IR Remote Controllers

The content must be saved to file /storage/.config/remote.conf.

2 Likes

Someone wrote here that the white list is a relic from past versions but it is actually no longer needed.

So you would prefer that your inferior box does upscaling, instead of a superior TV like G2?
OK, who am I to discourage you to do that…

Thanks, works well. Saves me some time creating it myself :slight_smile: