Homatics Box R 4K Plus

And you use power button to resume? And does it resume back to Kodi or ATV?

Yes, power button in android use to wake up, then in the last homatics beta fw, long press on power allow me reboot. Then boot coreelec…

Cool. Thanks mate try it now

Do the CE 21 nightlies support playing HDR10+ files (note the “+”)?

I have tried playing some files that I know are HDR10+ because they play as such when I use the Kodi 21 nightly that is installed directly on my Philips OLED with Android TV 11. But when I play them in CE they play as regular HDR.

Does work normally here:

CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/hdr_cap
HDR10Plus Supported: 1
HDR Static Metadata:
    Supported EOTF:
        Traditional SDR: 1
        Traditional HDR: 0
        SMPTE ST 2084: 1
        Hybrid Log-Gamma: 1
    Supported SMD type1: 1
    Luminance Data
        Max: 0
        Avg: 0
        Min: 0

HDR Dynamic Metadata:

colorimetry_data: 0

Hmmm maybe not holding my mouth right. Long press not working for me. Still need to cycle power to get back to coreelec.

For me it stays “HDR10Plus Supported: 0”. I have the Dune model. Can it have something to do with the firmware version? Dune is behind compared to Homatics and I noticed that on Android HDR10+ also doesn’t work. I think I read in the Telegram group that an issue regarding HDR10+ not working was fixed in the latest Homatics beta?

No, it’s your TV not supporting HDR10+ as it’s reported not supporting it by delivered EDID. When you have a AVR between try direct connection to TV as they are known to cause troubles.

The player can not do anything when the TV does not support it or if he “tells” the player the wrong information.

What I’v wrote, Im on the last homatics beta fw. There is an option.
Will be coming to the the stable version soon…

Thank you :+1:

No SD slot on the HM.

you can try to use an option for restart in the ATV Settings. I’m at work so unable to describe the exact menuitems/path ATM… (try SettingsAboutRestart)

Sorry if this has been answered. Is it possible to force all video output as DV? With Fire TV Cube 3, which has “Always HDR” (really always DV if it detects a DV display or a HDFury), and Zidoo Z9X, which has Dolby VS10 engine for all, one can force LLDV tonemapping to all videos… which generally results in better PQ. Thanks.

I don’t have an answer to your question, but a question about better PQ with always on HDR. Is LLDV really better than TV-led tonemapping?

I highly doubt any tonemapping results in better pq, but that’s just my opinion I guess.
And to answer the question, no. DV will activate when DV content is played.

2 Likes

What is the difference with a Nokia 8010 in terms of features? Basically what can a Homatics do that a Nokia 8010 with CoreELEC as system can’t?

It has the same underlying hardware. Ethernet may be different, and it has a sd slot.

Thanks. Several of us on AVSForum have tried ‘forced’ DV on everything with Zidoo/Fire Cube3 and results have been noticeably better than vanilla SDR, HDR or even HDR10+. This is with a HDFury in the chain and using AWOL LTV-3500/2500 projector.

I do not see any sd card slot on it

Sorry, I think I got confused with another box :frowning: