Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Or a switchable socket.

Or, just leave it on all the time. I think that’s what I’m going to have to do.

I’m quite surprised there’s no possibility of waking from USB.

Received my Homatics. Super easy to setup and everything works perfectly including DV. Well done and thank you.

Box runs a fair bit warmer than the outgoing N2….

Can you guys please do a speedtest on those homatics boxes. Interested what speed are you able to achieve with 1gbps connection?

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -

I can’t pass 500mbps mark ever…

I’ve tried every possible ce available and it’s same with all releases… Found NG to works best for me on vontar x4…

Maybe because your internet connection is only 500MBit/s :innocent:

Try with iperf on LAN.

Iperf with lan not possible here. Since I got vontar I’ve moved all server stuff to it :blush:

One device for all :wink:
Interesting thing is I set up friend same vontar but bought in China… Arrived pretty quick… He’s box is able to reach 800mbps.its defo 1gbps connection…

As you said in other posts. It’s probably cheap components they use to build it…

That’s why I’m interested what homatics can do…

Under Android TV I get +900Mbit up/down by LAN with the Homatics R Plus. The same results I get when comparing it with my Shield TV Pro (2019 model).

Can you try this with CE?
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -

Hooorayyy it worked :smiley:

reading is a challenge tho ^^

the important part is to keep holding the reset even after the recovery is loaded :smiley:
that could be made clearer xD

PS: can we maybe put the correct reset method and the hint that you need to hold even if menu appears into the first post?

1 Like

Bump , Can someone tell me please ?

i dont know what lldv is.
but there are options to for hdr->sdr and vise versa.
i also saw tonemapping options in the settings.

regarding DV the latest announcement said it is in eraly stages so i guess it will be able in the future?

The easiest way for first boot into coreELEC is the method without the reset button…

You only have to enable adb debugging in developer settings und use the command “reboot update” with your cellphone and the app remote ADB shell … That’s it …

You can set it to LLDV, we don’t support SDR/HDR to DV conversion.

1 Like

Or just hold reset. Much easier than downloading an app, etc.

2 Likes

Didn’t you ask in the Telegram group? I already answered you there, yes it can be done with LLDV.

No one here with 1gbps internet? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What are you doing that you need the box to saturate a gig connection?

Using rtorrent, qbittorrent, also serving my content with emby server to family members. Have swag docker service running in background which is serving my sat tuner outside of home network. Is that enough to have fully working speed I pay for? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
[  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.09 GBytes   940 Mbits/sec                  receiver
[  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.09 GBytes   937 Mbits/sec    0             sender

No problem with saturating a 1 gig connection with the R-4K, whatever you do with it will probably be limited by the SoC and/or other system bottlenecks.

Thank you!
How about python speedtest?