Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Download: 649.10 Mbit/s
Upload: 109.37 Mbit/s
1000/100m connection
Might be a limitation of the servers it’s testing against, doesn’t seem too bad.

1 Like

Maybe it’s python thing? Normal speedtest with web browser always gives me full speed. Testing in android also have full speed. It’s ce what I can’t pass 500…

Nope, not me . But thanks for answer now .
But no sdr/hdr to lldv was said above

Anyone had any choppiness in DV/HDR10+ content?

If you see choppiness, skip back 10 seconds and it should then work ok. It’s not related to any specific HDR content type.

Thanks. That does work.

Anyone got a recommendation on where to buy any of these supported boxes from in the UK?

How does the jre add-on work? If we have a bluray’s folders, do we just open the index.bdmv file and choose to open the menu, or some other method? For me the main movie started playing this way, no menu was shown.

Edit: nevermind, somehow on second try the menu was displayed properly

Edit 2: …but not after a CE update, now it gets stuck on loading, guess I’ll have to investigate further with different material…

Ebay seems the best way

Does anyone have the same problem with the small homatics remote?
Everything works except the center (ok) button :frowning:

it makes the little green light showing it send the command but nothing happens.
i can use the off /back /home etc and direction buttons but not the OK button.

is this known or is there a fix?

with kind regards

Latest Nightly installed? If not, update to that and everything will work.

oh ok.
no i could not figure out which file i needed for nightly so i chose stable.
Also i read somewhere that nightly has auto update with no opt-out?
I hate it when i need my system and it brakes :confused: so i most of the time choose stability over features :smiley:

is there a way to backport the remote fix to stable ?

with kind regards

Copy this file to /storage/.config/hwdb.d folder.

your title checks out :smiley:
thank you very much <3
now the box is ready to go to work.

PS: little offtopic question:
is it “safe” to install kodi themes?
and add-ons like this: GitHub - arnesongit/plugin.audio.tidal2: TIDAL music streaming addon for Kodi ?

or does that impact stability or upgradeability?

Hi All

Did the latest Nightly update broke Dolby Vision?
Was using the last month all those nighties and DV always worked. Since yesterday
all my Movies play “only” in HDR.
Nothing else was changed.

Hi all!
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Normally, I’d say there is some bias when someone put down a competing app, but in this case, DuneHDMC is indeed absolute shit compared to Coreelec.

haha.

The reason to buy a Homatics clone is to get functional AndroidTV. Sadly, it still has issues there. It is finally capable of playing some 4k in some apps, but can’t do AFR nor is it even using amlogic hardware for audio. The software is near useless across the device. Mine would be in the proverbial trash bin if it weren’t for Coreelec.

did anyone get auro3d to work?

fully agree
+1
We can say that Coreelec team is a savage for this box.

2 Likes

i only bought it because it was the only box i could finde with most of the features like atmos dtx dolby vision etc working.

But since its still in return window if you have suggestions for another box i am happy to test it :smiley:
Important are things like Auro3D Dolby Vision etc (its ok if they come with updates though)