Homatics Box R 4K Plus

there’s a selection for updates “auto” or “manual” in coreelec settings menu

1 Like

Has some of you guys with a nokia 8010 box a link to the latest nokia firmware or an infopage about what the latest released version is?

There is no official link to a firmware, but the latest release for the 8010 is V4674, as is still the same Final build version on Homatics/Dune Homatics. Not speaking of several betas for Homatics that have higher build numbers.

The next Final build could be V5310, that is shared with Rocktek owners already.

so does the homatics has the update yet?

Not shared as a Final version at this moment, but some of us got V5310 (shared as comparison for another test build).

so as someone who never used or saw the android image how do we get to know when the update will be available?

I guess we will loose DV until then - but that is ok ^.^

Through a Android TV system popup (that OTA update is there), or by others users that got the update pushed earlier then other users. Last time they spread the update over a week in total for all the Homatics users.

You will not just “loose” DV support, you get a instable CE. I don’t even have DV on my most used TV, only HDR10 (on my test TV I have DV), but when selecting a 4k/UHD media, CE crashes with specific builds

Not correct info…

i dont use the android interface. it not even booted once so i dont get push notifications

Not correct, please read my post above again.
h265 crash is fixed for all, only DV becomes a issue if CE & Android firmware does not match.

2 Likes

I stand corrected. My reaction was based on earlier CE builds, my apologies :+1:

ok - still it would be nice if someone here can write when the homatics update will be available since i than would take the box to another vlan just to initialise and update android and than reset it to factory since i am only interested in running CE (:

We will give you a hint when it is pushed as Final version to the users :+1:

2 Likes

Ask Homatics?

You would be able use the flash tool to update Android without doing it OTA if the vendors provided full firmware files. Perhaps ask for that too.

You can maintain yourself at today’s nightly for a few days until there’s an Android update. We’ll announce here when it comes to homatics.

1 Like

thank you very much. this is greatly appreciated <3

Did someone use a Xbox 360 controller in coreELEC?
I don’t get it to work…

In Android or in emuELEC the controller works out of the box… Plug and play… on Dune HD R4k+…
coreELEC didn’t recognize the 2.4hz usb dongle…

In system/input I can’t configure the controller…

The new nightly works fine under the new android firmware V5310. Thanks again for the CE team. :+1:

The OTA fw version V5310 will be updated to the Homatics customers sequential

0%: 2023/07/03 00:00
5%: 2023/07/04 00:00
20%: 2023/07/06 00:00
50%: 2023/07/07 00:00
100%: 2023/07/11 00:00

3 Likes

So this means there will be an OTA Android upgrade for Homatics boxes that will allow the newer nightlies to work with Dolby Vision again (and once our box has upgraded to a new Android version we can go back to automatic CoreElec nightlies)?

I guess there isn’t a download link for the Android update?

Yes for the first part, no for the second.

1 Like