Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Coreelec Kinda pulled the trigger too early there dont you think if we can NOT download a new firmware for the Box why update, so now its a search for previous version sigh.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230628 .tar

I don’t think it is too early. This is still a pre-release software version and nothing in any nightly should be considered stable. I have seen Kodi builds go a a long time with nightly issues, and this is something you should expect opting into receiving nightly builds. The CE team can’t hold back nightly development of the future version.

Thanks Vpeter I already worked it out but anyone else gets caught in the ‘Too Early Trap’ Backup Kodi write the version Vpeter has kindly posted then before first boot unplug network cable not sure if its on wireless which I am pretty sure there are few and far between, turn of auto updates and hide updates, Restore backup.

DO NOT leave network cable plugged as it auto updates

Just check every few days if there is a firmware update (I have today and says ‘You are on latest’)

unfortunately no update for Homatics Dune, also no announcement on their homepage. A downgrade does not work for me.

Why not? Put .tar file in update folder and reboot.

I have done, sysinfo also shows that I have the Ver. from 28.06.23 on it but DV does not work. Only HDR

Everything is fine now, I did one more time.Everything good now.

1 Like

Am I correct in understanding the following?

• No ETA on compatible firmware being released for Dune and Nokia devices
  • RockTek released compatible firmware already to all devices
  • Homatics has released compatible firmware to their beta testers
  • Homatics is in the process of making compatible firmware Generally Available by 2023/07/11

It works, but until there is an update to Android (kernel 5.4.210), Dolby Vision under CoreELEC will be displayed in HDR10. If you absolutely need Dolby Vision, stick with CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230628 until Android is updated.

By the way, the Rocktek G2 got the new version.

Thanks for confirming. That makes total sense. We’re on nightlies so the CoreElec team have to develop for the future with these builds - even if that means platforms running older Android builds are temporarily unable to fully exploit every bit of media.

It’s great that there is a route to supporting both old and new Android builds for DV coming at some point (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

No problem for those of us waiting for the OTA Android update - or waiting for the newer CE build that supports both old and new Android DV code - to pause our CE updates if DV is vital, or cope without and stay up-to-date otherwise.

Nightlies aren’t designed for daily use after all. That’s what stable is for :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, I don’t know if I’m in the right forum, I noticed today that CoreElec does not play DTS-HD Master Audio. I have Passtrough and all soundmodies activated but unfortunately I always get an error message that this format is not supported. Then I went to the Android surface and started the Kodi Maven build and it works. Is there anything else I need to set up in CoreElec?

i think i read some where that the MA part of DTS is currently bugged. :frowning:
But i think its known and they are fixing it.

Do you need a debuglog ?

You get DTS-HD (as is), under Android TV? That seems not possible, not at this moment?

To get back to CE, that plays DTS-HD MA just fine over here, without the error it can’t be played, it shows as DTS-HD on the display of my receiver (Marantz NR1606) but it is offered as HD MA I see on the receiver info.

Using the latest CE Nightly on the V5310 OS build.

1 Like

Hello,
first of all sorry for my bad english.
I bought the Nokia 8010 and successfully installed CoreElec.
Unfortunately, I can’t get the remote control to work properly.
I have connected them via Bluetooth and can also use some buttons. But the most important (confirmation) does not work. Can someone help me there?

You need

Search for remote config in this thread.

Yes, it’s is working with Marven Build. My Homatics Dune has no Firmware Update yet. CE is not working even with a clean Installation. I tried a build from May 5 und one from June 28. with the same results.

Thats not possible under android, it doesn’t matter what kodi fork you used. The dune use the homatics firmware, and even the new firmware, there is no dtshd, or dts-x, just core 5.1. I have dune version box too. In the coreelec the dtshd and Dts-x works fine.

in general or only on those homatics boxes?
i had tested a shield tv prior to buying the homatics and i am pretty sure dtshd (ma) worked well from VLC and the Kodi App under AndroidTV 11