How do I open YouTube 4K resolution?

Greetings,

The arm-chipped devices that have been on the market for the last 1 year are quite strong.
But the Youtube Plug-in still gives the image at 1080p resolution, whereas the s912 and s905D chips support the VP9 codec.

It’s a terrible thing to watch videos at 4K resolution on YouTube at LELEC on these powerful devices at this time.

Is there a work for that?

What else can I do?

Best regards…

1 Like

I don’t use YT addon myself but is it the addon where you need widevine to play? widevine is software decoded so the devices are probably not capable to do in CPU.

1 Like

Greetings,

Mate; I do not know if it’s related to Widevine, but YouTube is using the VP9 video codec at 4K resolution.
It does not support some S905 chips as this code hardware, such as the example of WeTek Play 2.
But I know very well that the S905D chip supports this code, like the Mecool K1 Pro.

I mean, I think the problem can be solved with a little fix, but nobody cares.

In the meantime, make our CoreELEC Group auspicious auspicious.

Best regards…

I don’t think that nobody cares. If it’s widevine related than it can’t be fixed.

2 Likes

Not suggesting that this is any solution for you, but the only way I found out is to watch 4K youtube on Android with “SmartYouTubeTV” app.

Greetings,

Mate; Thank you for your reply.
But I want to run it especially at ELEC.

Best regards…

It is not technically possible.

1 Like

Now the max. resolution is 1440p for Youtube add-on.

1 Like

Is it in ELEC?

Best regards…

What’s “ELEC”?
It’s hardware limitation.

In Kodi, need to configure Inputstream adaptive and Youtube add-on. Enable MPEG-DASH and proxy.

Greetings,

How am I going to arrange what?

If there was a guide it would be super.

Best regards…