How to change Resolution via SSH CMD?

I want to change the Display Resolution via SSH CMD.
How can i do it?
All things Google found doesnt work.

Example for 1080p50hz:

echo 1080p50hz > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap | systemctl restart kodi

Note: I have removed the quotation marks because strange characters appear in the copy to the SSH console from the web browser. If you see a black screen it is because the resolution is not supported by the TV, try another resolution. Resolution changes are permanent as long as you do not delete the disp_cap file (rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap)

1 Like

lol, this completely $%#^ed up display settings and i got a black screen even after reboot.

now, whats the official command to do a full hard reset via ssh? :stuck_out_tongue:

and then again, whats the official command to change display resolution via ssh?
i mean its 2019 and libreelec/coreelec isn’t that smart?

To clear the previous suggestion: rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap; reboot;
There is no “official” command to change resolution from SSH.
With that said, you can try to use echo 1080p60hz > /sys/class/display/mode to change resolution from SSH - no guarantees on how well it will work.

I have removed the quotation marks because strange characters appear in the copy to the SSH console from the web browser. If you see a black screen it is because the resolution is not supported by the TV, try another resolution. Resolution changes are permanent as long as you do not delete the disp_cap file (rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap).

The command

echo 1080p50hz > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap | systemctl restart kodi

works and it is not necessary to restart CoreELEC and it is not necessary to leave the SSH session to try another resolution!

echo 1080p60hz > /sys/class/display/mode

this is exactly what i wanted.
thanks. :slight_smile: