How to configure VFD

I pushed the changes, and this fix should be available in the next nightly (should be ready in a few hours).
Please test it and let me know if it works correctly or not.

I installed the nightly and the lcd display now works as expected. However, the nightly broke my netflix addon. I guess netflix is not compatible with the nightly?

Not sure about Netflix. You may need to update it to the latest alpha/beta version available, and make sure that inputstream.adaptive is up to date as well.

I’ve updated to latest nightly and Netflix addon still works in S912 and S905x.

Figured out the problem. I had to re-installed the urllib3 module after installing the nightly. Not sure why/how it was un-installed in the first place.

@TheCoolest Is there any chance that the display of this tvbox in coreelec will work? Here is the andoid dtb.
a95x_F1dtb.img.gz (129.1 KB)
If you need any more information, tell me
Thanks

This vfd.conf should work for you.

And looks here too

It´s not work.

Reboot the box. SSH into it, run the following commands:
dmesg | paste
systemctl status openvfd | paste
Then the post the links here.

http://ix.io/1JVD
http://ix.io/1JVE

Sorry, I forgot that you also need to replace the DTB file.
Use this one: gxl_p281_2g_a95xr2.dtb or gxl_p281_1g_a95xr2.dtb if it’s a 1GB ram box
You can run the following commands:

mount -o remount,rw /flash
cp /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxl_p281_2g_a95xr2.dtb /flash/dtb.img
reboot

Now, it´s working. Thx.

@TheCoolest Thanks for the help on the display for the a95x_F1. always very attentive.

Good @TheCoolest , that vfd.conf could use the D7 dolamee? Then, I leave the dtb of android.

dtb.img.gz (11.2 KB)

Greetings and sorry for disturbing.

Sorry, but that DTB is no good.
You should try the A95X-R2 DTB + vfd.conf, I think it should work.

dbt.img.gz (92.3 KB)

Thanks. The A95X-R2 DTB and vfd.conf should work with this device. You need to use that DTB, otherwise the VFD will not work.

Thanks, it works correctly

1 Like

Hi All! I have X92 tvbox. Then boot android display show “booting” and then i suspend android display show “–/--” symbols. And i always known that tvbox is in susspend mode.
It is possible realize with openvfd? Well, at least suspend indication.

What do you see when you suspend the box?