How to re-run the first-boot setup script?

Hello all - I could not find anything here about this, so perhaps I’m the first person to ask, at least for a long while…

How can I force an existing installation of CoreElec to rerun the “welcome” setup steps presented on the first boot? These are the dialogs where the user sets their language, connects to WiFi, enables SSH and Samba, and so on.

I know these functions are available from CoreElec settings, but my use case is setting up a device for someone else with various add-ons and configs before I give it to them - it would be useful to have it rerun that “welcome” script when they power it up the first time so they can get up and running without hunting through config screens.

Thanks!

For anyone who might want to know, it was deceptively simple: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.coreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml, edit to remove “True” for all the wizard_ values (and the values for default_audio and AutoUpdate settings if you want), then save and reboot.

Or remove the .kodi folder on STORAGE.

That would defeat my purpose, as all my Kodi setups (skins, addons, etc) would be lost. My intent is to keep all that while repeating the basic CoreElec setup for networking services, etc.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

There’s a wall of text for troubleshooting on that page - are you referring to a particular section?

Try a clean install using the correct CoreELEC release and device tree and...

So, to clarify my original query, I don’t want to do a clean install because that would remove all the Kodi setup and addons I’ve configured for the recipient. I just want to re-rerun the typical first-run “welcome” dialog sequence to THEY can connect it to their network, set their preferences for Samba, SSH, etc, by working through those dialogs rather than having to find their way to the CoreElec settings.

My self-answer is the correct one: edit /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.coreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml to remove “True” or the default values for any settings you want the end-user to repeat when they fire up the box for the first time.

I think this topic can be closed now.