Hyperion.NG, Amlogic improvements

Arduino Nano, I used the same frequency as before and what I use right now with the 101. Sadly 101 has wrong color in menu…

I am using the nano too, but with apa102 strips tho.
And the adalight sketch from hyperion.ng github. (here)

That with standard settings in hyperion, ofc the amount of leds etc changed.
But I never messed with frequencie settings, only baudrate is set at 115200 in both the sketch and hyperion.
I don’t have any weird flickering or colors. I do had that with extra long cable from the nano to the strips tho. Or when that said cable ran next to power cables. Once I shorten it or just ran a diffirent route it had no problems.
Wich strips are you using? Btw the colors in the menu has to match the sketch (in my case rgb).

Hello! I am an active user of the coreelec 9.0.2 + hyperion 9.1.101 (with “fbGrabber”: false). I tried to upgrade to the last coreelec + the last hyperion from this branch, but this setting (“fbGrabber”: false) does not work in it anymore. what to do?

@Portisch Can you build the blur effect into Hyperion.ng?

Is there any news with Hyperion.NG ?
Hyperion.NG 2.0.0 alpha.3 ?

I will try to update the package. But I have no idea about the blur effect, maybe @Paulchen-Panther can answer this.

HyperionControl might help. I ahd the same proble. It is solved now

@Cosmicbase
The blur effect is atm only experimential. It will still take a while until it flows into the main.

@Portisch
If you want to integrate the alpha.3 in CoreELEC, please note that a patch is required.
The dependencies are put into the packages. That shouldn’t be necessary for CoreELEC.

@Portisch When can you integrate the alpha .3 in CoreELEC?

As soon I get time for it. Also depends if company get shut down because of corona virus or not.

ok thx for answer.

Another question: Are you familiar with Odroid N2 and whether I can control LEDs like Rpi without Arduino? Directly to SPI?

It should be possible, yes. But I don’t know how and if something is missing or not. I never tried it. Better got to Hardkernel N2 Wiki how to use SPI.

I have found some information.

https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/application_note/gpio/spi?s[]=spi#tab__odroid-n2

I don’t know if CoreElec can apt?
Maybe someone can help me.

What I always wonder about is a poor or lack of helpfulness.
The issue of how to deal with SPI should not be a big problem.
How I had a Raspberry was explained in 3 steps.
Why is everything so complicated with Amlogic?

Would someone be help me, please!

In my opinion, the Arduino has no significant advantage compared to the SPI interface.

OMG
Do You know what CoreELEC is ?
It´s just a KISS OS to run mediacenter KODI
KISS = keep it small and simple

If You want to deal with SPI You have to go to hardkernel forum https://forum.odroid.com/

With SPI you cannot control GPIO the way you want, and even if you could it would be absolute of NO use in CoreElec, as once CoreElec starts, all SPI functions are gone from memory and CE (or any other OS) takes over. SPI is only used to enable multiple OS boot.
So, you are on the wrong track, forget about SPI for controlling GPIO in CE…

Thx, for the info. I have here a small patch and it’s compiling again on CoreELEC platform.
Should I make a PR or should we keep this as CE specific patch?
0001-Amlogic-don-t-install-dependencies-on-Amlogic-platfo.patch (782 Bytes)
2.0.0.alpha3 is building just fine with this patch here:
https://test.coreelec.org/Portisch/service.hyperion.ng-9.2.103.zip

1 Like

Wow you are very fast.

I often have Bootloops and Rainbow Swirl restarts.

As a CoreELEC patch only please. The generic Amlogic docker container should serve as a check during the tests.

1 Like