Hyperion.ng....just does not do anything on Ondroid C2

Hello there,
I downloaded the newest nightly (since as far as I know @portisch solution is not implemented into a stable release (please correct me if i am wrong)) downloaded the latest hyperion.ng installed it and uploaded my hyperion.config.json to the following places:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion.ng/config
and
/storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion.ng/config

When i turn on my ondroid c2 the ambient light lights up twice (as it does everytime) and then…nothing…
What did I miss? Also is there a sort of webpanel for hyperion.ng? If so on what port do i reach that? Thx

Pretty sure config goes in /storage/.hyperion/config/ now.

Web panel should be available on port 8099

I do not have such a folder as i have not hyperion just hyperion.ng installed (do i need both?)
This port doesn’t work for me unfortunately

No, you only need hyperion.ng
Are you sure you don’t have that folder location.
The . In its name makes it a hidden folder.
How do you have your LEDs hooked up.
I use an Arduino Uno with fastled.
I have a slightly unusual setup where I disable the add-on and then use python scripts to start and stop hyperiond from the home screen and it always pulls the config from /storage/.hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json

I am very certain that i do not have such a folder. I can see all other hidden folders such as .kodi or .config but not .hyperion - can not access it via ssh or ftp
I have also an adruino uno with (i forget which led (3 connections works with adalight))

Ok, disable the add-on.
SSH to your box and run

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion.ng/bin/hyperiond /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion.ng/config/hyperion.config.json

That will manually launch Hyperion using the config file at the specified location (you said you put it there previously)
If it works then you know your config is in the wrong location.
To quit press ctrl+c in SSH.

tried it and screwed up i disabled the addon
and then via ssh first ran
/storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion.ng/bin/hyperiond
without realizing that the second line was not another command but the location to the config file
which gave me the following:

[hyperiond MAIN] <WARNING> Create new config file (/storage/.hyperion/config/hyperion_main.json) [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <ERROR> Read of device failed: 61 - No data available

I tried to then just add the second line but nothing happened so i aborted

tried again this time both lines and i got:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error' what(): Don't provide a path to config file, just a config name is allowed!

so i tried again with just the service command and i got this:

^CQThread: Destroyed while thread is still running QWaitCondition::wakeAll(): mutex lock failure: Invalid argument QWaitCondition::wakeAll(): mutex unlock failure: Invalid argument Fatal Python error: PyInterpreterState_Delete: remaining subinterpreters

I am at a loss what to do…

Ok so i tired with just the configfile and it gave me errors (i figured it was the comments in the config file so i deleted them all and got this:

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion.ng/bin/hyperiond hyperion.config.json
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Errors have been found in the configuration file. Automatic correction has been applied
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].amlgrabber: Removed property: amlgrabber
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].bootsequence: Removed property: bootsequence
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].endOfJson: Removed property: endOfJson
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].xbmcVideoChecker: Removed property: xbmcVideoChecker
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.smoothing: Removed property: smoothing
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.temperature: Removed property: temperature
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.transform: Removed property: transform
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].pureBlue: Removed property: pureBlue
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].pureGreen: Removed property: pureGreen
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].pureRed: Removed property: pureRed
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].framegrabber.priority: Removed property: priority
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].backlightColored: Create property: backlightColored with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].backlightThreshold: Create property: backlightThreshold with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].blue: Create property: blue with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].brightness: Create property: brightness with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].brightnessCompensation: Create property: brightnessCompensation with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].cyan: Create property: cyan with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].gammaBlue: Create property: gammaBlue with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].gammaGreen: Create property: gammaGreen with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].gammaRed: Create property: gammaRed with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].green: Create property: green with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].magenta: Create property: magenta with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].red: Create property: red with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].white: Create property: white with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.channelAdjustment[0].yellow: Create property: yellow with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].color.imageToLedMappingType: Create property: imageToLedMappingType with value: multicolor_mean
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].effects.disable: Create property: disable with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].flatbufServer: Create property: flatbufServer with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].forwarder: Create property: forwarder with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].general: Create property: general with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].grabberV4L2: Create property: grabberV4L2 with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].instCapture: Create property: instCapture with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].protoServer.enable: Create property: enable with value:
[hyperiond SettingsManager] Config Fix: [root].protoServer.timeout: Create property: timeout with value:
[hyperiond EFFECTFILES] Failed to create Effect path “/usr/share/hyperion/effects”, please check permissions
[hyperiond LEDDEVICE] latchTime(0) is bigger/equal rewriteTime(0)
[hyperiond WEBSERVER] document_root ‘/storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/webconfig’ is invalid

But…it works… now if i start it manually

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion.ng/bin/hyperiond hyperion.config.json
[hyperiond EFFECTFILES] Failed to create Effect path “/usr/share/hyperion/effects”, please check permissions
[hyperiond LEDDEVICE] latchTime(0) is bigger/equal rewriteTime(0)
[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] Read of device failed: 61 - No data available
[hyperiond WEBSERVER] document_root ‘/storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/webconfig’ is invalid

but it does not work if i have hyperion.ng activated and restart the device

I think your config is from old Hyperion. Not Hyperion.Ng

I’ll attach mine and see if you can edit from there.
Obviously you will need to change baud rate and LEDs section.
hyperion.config.json (57.7 KB)

Thank you but apparently starting it manually changed it to the new version :confused:
But still hyperion.ng won’t start on its own… if i start it manually via ssh it woks perfectly!
But why`?

Now that I can’t help you with.
I’ve always started it manually with scripts as I don’t want it running all the time.
Looks like manual launch uses different location to add-on.
Try below from SSH.
cp /storage/.hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion.ng/config/hyperion.config.json

The .Hyperion folder should exist now and that is where the config file is when launching from SSH.
Command copies it to the place that the add-on is expecting it to be when launched that way

How you get this config file? I mean your file has more options (rows) than mine and not because the led numbers.