I'm researching a new generation box. But I'm confused

Greetings,

I’m researching a new generation box. But I’m confused.

I am looking for features: 4x USB Slot because Harddisk, Tuner and Uni Remote have to connect.
1 GBit Ethernet Connection.
USB3.0

From what I read they play 8K, but which box does the 8K60Hz resolution support?

I’m also considering connecting to this USB-Tuner.
https://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs5580-multi-standard-universal-tv-tuner-ci-usb-box.html
Is this Tuner ELEC or rather CE compliant?

Can I use a USB Hub if the slot is insufficient?

If you have a comparative table of boxes, I would appreciate it if you give.

Best regards…

1 Like

Why 80k60 is so important?
Do you have a 8k display?
When the 8k displays will common there will be one or two more generations of boxes out.

Greetings,

I don’t have an 8K display, but I have to use it for 4-5 years when I buy a box.
You can appreciate that money isn’t made easy.

Best regards…

Beelink Gt-King and Khadas Vim3. Better the latter, since the manufacturer gives more support.

1 Like

You are chasing the unicorn…
There is no 80k60 player at least not in this price league.
You can buy a good 4k player right now which will serve you 4-5 years until you get your 8k tv.
Or you can wait for a 8k player and pay the premium price for it when it is available so you will pay definitely more.

I won’t go in the 8k part at the moment because it’s just a curiosity for the time being, for the new generation N2 and VIM3 are the front runners. The VIM3 is still polishing some aspects. Regarding the GT King I would wait to see if all the network problems are fully addressed by Beelink.

1 Like

There are no 8K capable devices available yet.
The A311X is capable of hw decoding some 8K content, but this doesn’t mean you can connect the box to a 8K TV and get a 8K signal out to the TV (right now you can’t, and it’s very likely that you won’t be able to either).
If you need guaranteed 8K output support, you’ll have to wait for a future device.

1 Like

Sorry - but I don’t get the 8k talk. There’s a very good article here:-

I’ve copied part of the article below:-
"Based on the math of human visual acuity, you’ll need to sit really close to an 85-inch 8K screen to get any benefit of the extra resolution. Carlton Bale’s superb home theater calculator, for example, says you’ll need to sit 3 feet or closer (to a screen that’s more than 7 feet diagonal) to see all the detail of 8K, and 5 feet or closer to see the full benefit of 4K. In other words, from further than 5 feet away you won’t be able to see any benefit of an 8K TV compared to a 4K TV. And that’s at 85 inches. You’ll need to sit even closer to smaller TVs to discern the benefits of 8K."

The only reason I bought 4k tv was because of all the extras like built-in Wifi, Netflix, BBC Iplayer, catchup tv etc. My TV is 43 inches and at 6-7 feet away I can’t tell the difference between 720p upscaled and native 4k (I have a few same movie titles at both sizes). Yes, if I sit real close I can see the difference - but not worth it to ruin my eyesight. Of course if you want a massive TV screen or projector, things may be different, but what’s next - 16k, 32k. Too much…

1 Like

Totally agree with you ukmark. In the u.s there’s barely any 4k broadcast, and they’re coming out with 8k TVs. FML. Even the super bowl last year wasn’t broadcast in 4k. Biggest sporting event in the u.s. Had to side load the hisense app on my Sony tv just to watch the World Cup last year in 4k. That was the only way to watch it in 4k.
It’s all a money grab from those greedy manufacturers. How often do you see the curved TVs anymore?
I think that 4k is still in its infancy as far as the amount of content in it.
Hey on another note 16k coming out next year lol.

1 Like