Install issues x96 max plus S905X3 4GB/64gb

I would if i saw the CE anywhere on the screen as the instructions said…

Then maybe you are using wrong dtb.img.

I used the following images so far: sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb / sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb / sm1_s905x3_2g_1gbit.dtb. Any other ideas?

If your box is fake and has 2 GByte RAM instead the advertised 4 GByte, it wouldn’t have Gbit LAN either.

Try at least sm1_s905x3_2g.dtb device tree.

Edit: With trying the sm1_s905x3_2g.dtb it indeed loaded the core elec! This is to my disappointment as i thought i had the proper model… BUT! After the installation of CE the remote does not work. Any advice on this?

Here you go. If your model is not available, try lookalike remotes.

1 Like

hola mi placa es similar pero dice v1.0 sera clon tambien? no deja instalar ni corelec ni emuelec

The only solution i found it to flash other firmware from Setember 2019 and that works great. Lost Bluetooth but the rest is ok.

Maybe something from here will help with your problems

4gb/32gb trying to put CE on sd card.TF card slot doesnt work just goes Boot loopy
I used a usb drive in the usb 3 drive and it works a treat.
Doesnt boot to CE with anything attached to the usb2 slot (HDD on mine). Does to android…But will when its removed.
I am going to try installing on box internal memory to see if that helps.

Hello,

I have a weird related problem,

I had a X96 Max Plus myself and this works great (no problem installing or using coreelec on it)

A few months later I buy the same model for my brother (slightly different text on it, so I gues this one is the dreaded V4)

I actualy put my SD card in it, everything works (can toothpick first setup, …) and I installed a new coreelec on my own box on another SD card,

now I wanted to upgrade to Kodi 19 , make a new SD card for him and try and it wont boot in his box (boots fine in my box) , I try with the other SD card I was using with Kodi 18 , again does NOT work in his box but DOES work in mine !!!)

I eather get a black screen, or a long black screen and than the following ;

Starting debugging shell for boot step : mount_flash… type exit to quit

*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: could not mount LABEL=COREELEC ***

Now the extremely weird part ;
If I completely clone my working 16GB SD card to another 16GB SD card, again this other card will work in my box but NOT IN THE OTHER ONE !!!

What the hell is so special about this one SD card ???

If nothing would work I would understand I have the problem with the newer version of this box, but ONE SD CARD WORKS FINE !!!

Also when I try with external USB SD card reader, same error , when I prepare a USB Stick, I actualy get the Coreelec boot screen, but it stay’s there for half an hour until I just unplug the box.

I need to upgrade to Kodi 19 release to have a fix for the wildvine update problem, but I do NOT want to start working on my ONE good SD install before I have a backup that works :frowning:

Can anyone give me any tips, solutions, workaround or just a REASON why ONLY ONE SD card works ???

I also DO think that the problems with other SD cards might have started one’s time when I accidently booted the original android with internet connected, it MIGHT have updated something ?

Any help is much appreciated because I am going nuts :frowning:

Hans

What Widevine install problem do you have on Kodi 18?

I can install widvine on 18 it just does not work anymore (known problem)

I know its fixed on 19

"Changes Since 19.2-Matrix_rc1:

Fixed GLIBC to support Widevine 4.10.2252.0"

If there is a hotfix I could use on my KODI 18 thats fine to, but dont think there is one for my build ?

Then it’s a problem for you, since latest Widevine works OK for me on Kodi 18.x, without any problem with Netflix and HBO_Go on my S905X box and Odroid N1 SBC. I’m running CE 9.2.7 ng versions on both devices…

Hello,

I am unable to get a install working on ANY other SD card :frowning:
so I can also not install the latest 9.2.7 (I assume the widvine fix is included in the latest builds , because I have a 9.2.7 now also but downloaded a while back)

Why ?
Because You can install latest 9.2.7 from scratch on other SD

Don’t know why you can’t make a fresh installation on any other uSD card…

AFAIK Widevine works OK on CE “ng” 9.2.7_Kodi 18.1. In order to get it working you need to install latest “Inputstream.adaptive” v.2.4.8.1. And to be able to get that working you need CE “ng” version (with new kernel) since AFAIK this does not work with legacy CE versions (with old kernel).

If you have a previous version working, why don’t you use the UPDATE folder to force a manual update instead of trying a fresh install?

As for the SD card not working during the install, I tried to 2 cards and the one that was supposed to be the “weakest” was the one that worked. I use a 16Gb card instead of the 32Gb I was planning to use so I wonder if it is better not to use a bigger card, maybe due to a compatibility issue with the SDXC cards.

I do not want to try the UPDATE on my ONE working SD until I have a working backup, because if it goes wrong I loose all functionality :frowning:

It is extremely weird, all the SD cards work just fine on my other “older” x96 max plus, I found alot of reports that the newer version actualy does NOT boot from SD anymore, but I have ONE card that works :frowning: , and even making a bit by bit clone of that SD does NOT work :frowning:

its an extremely weird problem,

this error
*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: could not mount LABEL=COREELEC ***
shows up on the clone and I just cant fix it :frowning:

Given that you are having issues, I wouldn’t install to internal just yet. You could end up with a brick. I’d ex