Install issues x96 max plus S905X3 4GB/64gb

Try all the usb ports, if not change usb sticks…Did you rename the “sm1_s905x3_4g” to dtb.img? Maybe you have a faulty hw or you need to upgrade / downgrade the firmware or go for an custom ROM.

For anyone struggling to find the correct firmware to revert back to for whatever revision of the X96 Max Plus box you have and other Amlogic devices look here:- https://tinyurl.com/yyx6gcjg just needs translating.

Here X96Max Plus — slimBOXtv you can also find good android firmware for X96Max Plus, and many other TV Box, with android ATV (pretending to be a Xiaomi Mi Box S) or android AOSP pie. But what has surprised me is the “Super light version slimBOXtv” that can be launched from Settings and makes all Google services disappear and installs the open source Aurora PlayStore, the operation of android after this is the closest thing to the operation of CoreELEC in relation to the speed of execution and, above all, the operation of communications, which with the Google services installed on TV Box work normally, that is, quite poorly.

Here also good Rom for Android boxes. Downloads for : Amlogic Media Players | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

Has any one got a X96Max_Plus_5 working with coreelec. I managed to get previous versions of the X96Max_Plus working the A100 and the X96Max_Plus_2 working with CoreElec. But the X96Max_Plus_5 won’t boot just black screens it tries to boot tried usb2/3 and microSD.

CoreELEC works on my X96Max_Plus_5 box, but does not support Wi-Fi.
First, CoreELEC launched from a USB flash drive on the native firmware X96Max_Plus_5_20211029-2038. After that I installed the slimBOXtv ATV firmware and installed CoreELEC in the internal memory.

I assume you know that there are seven different hardware versions of the X96Air and ten different hardware versions of the X96Max Plus. Find out which one is yours and try different dtb!.

It is not that the hardware is malfunctioning, it is your firmware that is not suitable!

Thanks I suspected I would have to have to load a different firmware first so slimBOX ATV will work? Hoped someone may have gone through the pain of discovering the path to getting it working already.I may dual boot as the Iplayer and ITVPlayer addons no longer work in Kodi sothe misses can use the android apps to watch them on the spare TV.
I did notice this new version Plus_5 has an option for Dolby_Vision in the settings not that I have connected it to my UHD tv and tested it yet.

hi all. I have a x96 MAX PLUS 4GB/32GB and I have coreelec running 19.3 matrix no problem with the sm1_s905x3_4g DTB file from SD card. What I had a problem with is putting on a android custom rom, there are loads out there. in my research there are so many variants of this box using different wifi chip modules and lan modules and combos of them. The best resource I found for info is a Russian developers site below. make sure you have google translate set to auto translate. this really helped me. you will need to pop off the bottom of the box to check the board, its the only way to know what exactly you have. it was easy from here… this is the link to first of all identify exactly what model you have (nb there is a different thread for the 2gb/16gb model)
https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1013103&st=40#entry102780026

Hi, had the same probs, cause I have the 100MB Ethernet Version (X96Max Plus A100 - Android system info says and so the Russian website), despite what on the website I bought from stand (there was 1000 Ethernet). But ok nevertheless, I use the same dtb without _1GB you mentioned in your post, BUT I don’t get wifi to work. If I go to wifi in CE there is nothing too see. Do you get WIFI?!

Greetings,
J.

hi, this sounds like the wifi chip in your unit, is not support in the coreelec DTB produced by CE. my wifi chip is Cdtech 4761743 and is working fine. you can only find what you have by popping off the bottom plastic cover, no screws to see what what wifi module you have,

1 Like

It looks like most of these boxes will work with

1. Not using 1Gb dtb
  2. Work from USB.

I would recommend if USB works stop trying SD cards.

I’ve been playing around for the last few days and have found the same, I can get it to work only with a USB with dtb 4 or 2GB RAM, but without the _1gb … but neither has remote working, so of no use

How should CE Generic image know which Remote you have?
You just need to configure it - see Wiki

1 Like

AHhh, I see I have more reading to do…tks