Installing 19.3 to Venz V10 (non PRO version)

Has anybody successfully installed ColeELEC 19.3 to SD card for Venz 10?

I have tried new installation toothpick and non toothpick method, the coreelec boots up normaly, reformat the partition, then boot again, and CoreELEC logo appears, starts blinking and mostly screens goes black after a while and reboots after several seconds and endless loop of boot and reboot after flashing CoreELEC logo.

Sometimes (happened only 3 times, seems i had to disconnect eth and everything from USB) main CoreELEC menu showed but I couldn’t control anything and system got stuck and after several seconds reboots and the same scenario (black screen after CoreELEC logo flashing and rebooting).

I hope there are some steps I am missing, as Venz 10 is officially supported.
Thank you for any help regarding this.

Looks like your device has an S905 (GXBB) SOC, which isn’t supported in the newer versions of CE.

The last version of CE to support your device is 9.2.8.

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/coreelec-9-leia-end-of-life-announcement/16684/1

1 Like

Hi kshi, thanks for your reply.

I know Venz produced 2 versions of Venz V10 with 2 different SOC. I have B version (the last one) so I thought my SOC is supported. Venze V10 (non Pro) is supported in download section as well.
How could I check my SOC version (S905 - W/X/…)?

Would it be possible the system boots to CE main menu (Kodi) if it is not supported?

The CE 9.2.8 is working OK right now.
Thanks once more.

Check your SoC: Latest nightly - Strange video slowdowns? - #20 by Portisch

Glad to help. If the rev B is another variety of S905 (x,w, etc) you’re in good shape, however you’ll almost certainly need to update to Android 7.1 or greater on the box for the bootloader to accommodate CE19+. The stock android 6 bootloader on boxes of this era isn’t up to the task. You’ll get quirky errors that randomly crash the OS at best and no ability to boot into CE at worst.

This is a lengthy read but worth your time as others on this page have gone through this process themselves: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/testers-wanted-gxl-1gb-ram-devices-amlogic-ng/15877

Long story short, if your box is an S905(x,w, etc) you’ll likely be looking for something in and ATVxperience or Aidan’s Rom for the requisite boot loader.

Thanks, my model name is:
model name : Amlogic S905L rev c
I am not sure, but it seems to be some version of S905X:

Amlogic S905L – Similar to S905X except it supports HDMI 2.0b but lack VP9 decoding, camera interface and TS inputs.

Thanks, will try and reply.

Best of luck to you. :slightly_smiling_face: Let us know how it works out.

Hi kshi,

sorry for replying late, has been quite busy.

I have tried to flash:
[v7.5] (MXQ) Aidan’s ROM [S905X] [P212, P214 & P242] MXQ Pro 4K 1GB 2GB+ (720pUI & 210DPI).img
and
[v7.5] (UNIVERSAL) Aidan’s ROM [S905X] 1GB 2GB+.img

to SD card and boot from it. Unfortunatelly unsuccessfull. The boot process didn’t even start, or got stuck at some point after coreelec logo appeared.

What’s the correct procedure to update boot loader?
I am not sure if I wanna risk to flash those images directly to internal flash memory using Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v3.2.0.

Thanks once more.

Don’t know if you can install custom ROMs other way than flashing them with Amlogic tool. From SD cards you need Burn card maker, but that’s more to upgrade the Android not to install a different ROM. Maybe you should stick with CE 9.2.8 if you don’t want to proceed with the flashing. Ask around if Venz released an Android 7 version for your box.

Thanks.
What do you exactly mean Burn card maker?
Is it possible to boot from SD card using Burn card maker, or I can only flash new Android from the one?

Unfortunatelly Venz released v7 only for Pro version of the box with 16 GB ROM 2GB RAM (I have non-PRO 8+1 one).

Thanks.

ABCM example
Video tutorials here: ABCM videos how-to
From SD card you ca only to upgrade or install a new custom ROM. Latest variant should be more doable if Venz didn’t make Android 7 for that box.
Read carefully and watch the videos, see if that’s suits you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.