Installing to internal NAND/eMMC

Either stirp it from Coreelec or make it working. If not working and there is no any idea how to make it working, better to remove, at least for devices confirmed not working. On MXQ Pro: I tried with libreelec and it bricked the box, now on coreelec I am getting nothing more than error message saying my device has no internal memory.

BTW I was aware about the risk, but I did not plan to use built in Android system either, so brick is not any big deal as long as I am able to boot Core/Libreelec from sd card.

Yours is an old device by these boxes standards and possibly that means it was released before the introduction of dtb,s. If thats the case then it could never work and you would need to find a packaged version of Libreelec which was designed specifically for your box. Its a lot more involved a process and requires more work on your part assuming you can find such a version.

But it bares repeating this feature is not advertised, not recommended and not supported. If you can’t get your box back its your own responsibility. Removing it for everyone else who can handle it would be unfair, and your complaints are likely to end in it been removed from us which would be a shame to say the least.

Shoog

I don’t get it. I need to choose right dtb file to boot from sdcard. So, dtb files support is there. Problem is somewhere else, perhaps dtb is not copied properly to internal memory and this is why box refused to boot. Box is S905X, it works the same as others on this soc.

@giaur500
Do not try to look for guilt in the Coreelec team for your unsuccessful installtointernal procedure!!!
All of us know that if something goes wrong you can brick your device, and then nobody is responsible for this brick.So…my experience shows that you can always restore your device back to stock Android firmware and then to try installtointernal again.If you are in interesting how to do that just check freaktab forum.Do not wait for help here.My advice is:first try to find your original Android firmware.Second:install USB Burning tool and try to reflash your device.If you have some problem I can help you to do this.

Why do you think I’m looking for guilt? I even said I was aware, but I also don’t care about Android firmware, because it’s useless for me

Simply because you moved a dtb into the root folder - doesn’t mean Coreelec ever used it. I feel certain that the bit of digging I have done on this box places it before the advent of dtb’s. People are using TWRP on these boxes which points to the old method.
Your pathway to a working box is :slight_smile:
-find your original Android ROM
-reburn your android rom using AMLogic burn tool
-find a copy of TWRP which is designed for your specific box and burn it using what whatever instructions it comes with
-find a version of Libreelec packaged for your box and use TWRP to burn it to your box

A good place to start would be plouging through this Freaktabs thread:

Or try this thread which specifically outlines the procedure I described:

Be warned, when I found myself in a similar situation to this with my S812 box it took me weeks of hard work to get it back up and running. However I now still have this running a Krypton build so it was worth the weeks of effort it took (maybe).

Don’t come back asking questions till you have consumed this information in enough detail to try it yourself.

Shoog