IR does not work: /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

My problem is, that I’m not able to get IR to run on an Odroid N2+ with actual CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix.

What happened?
I switched to Odroid N2+ with Coreelec / Matrix (fresh install).
Before, all ran an Odroid C2 with Coreelec / Leia,. It worked properly

Remote Controller: Samsung BN59 remotes/AmRemote/Samsung BN59 Remote at main · CoreELEC/remotes · GitHub

First, I copied the config files from old install on Odroid C2. But IR did not work.
Next, I testet meson and amremote from scratch. Nothing.

result from command “ir-keytable”:
/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory
No devices found

So, it seems that no IR driver is load.

command " cat /proc/bus/input/devices" results among other things:
I: Bus=0010 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=0100
N: Name=“aml_keypad”
P: Phys=keypad/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/ff808040.meson-remote/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd mouse0 event3
B: PROP=0
B: EV=7
B: KEY=ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff 0 0 70000 ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: REL=103

“remoteinfo” result, see:
http://ix.io/3BUl

So, can you help me?

Yes, use the search option. It’s clear written you need to adapt your IR config for CE-19.

I searched about 3 hours in this forum, also with Google.

What I found was about the config files, an yes - there is for meson-ir an information about CoreELEC 19 change. You see my changes for 19.2 in the remoteinfo information link.

The problem ist, that ir-keytable does not work.
By the way: I’ve got two identical Odroid N2+ devices with 19.2.
On the one N2+ (named here ‘Mediacenter1’, “ir-keytable” founds the device. (TV is a new Samsung QLED).
The other one (named here ‘Mediacenter2’ does not found /sys/class/rc and the meson-ir driver is not loaded. (TV is an old Thomson).
Both TVs are connected with HDMI. May it’s a CEC Problem? (identical configurations on both eMMC).

And, surprise:
I switched both N2+ to the other TVs. And now, on Mediacenter1 there is also no /sys/class/rc.
I don’t unterstand, why I have after the switch on both Mediacenters the same problem.
Before, it was only on Mediacenter2.

I ran into this problem earlier. The problem is that the meson-ir driver is loaded only if you’re NOT using amremote. So make sure you don’t have a remote.conf file in your .config directory or the /flash directory. Once you removed the remote.conf files and reboot, the meson-ir driver should load.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.