IR wakeup does not work since commit "bl301_manager: send scpi cmds only by sysfs call"

@Portisch :Since this commit the IR wakeup code on my N2 does only work once Kodi is started. This is normally no problem because CE always starts with Kodi. But in my setup kodi is masked because the N2 starts with vdr. This is a common setup in the vdrportal community since we have an output plugin for vdr which makes it possible to watch TV without Kodi. In the past, it was no problem to shutdown the box while vdr is running and boot it again with the remote control. The above mentioned patch seems to have changed anything. IR wakeup only works when Kodi was started before. It is sufficient to start Kodi with systemctl start and kill it once it has started. So I believe that setting the IR wakeup key into the bootloader must happen with kodi start, not with its exit. But how is it done? My first idea is that it could be update-bl301.service. But both /usr/lib/coreelec/update-bl301 -v
and /usr/lib/coreelec/check-bl301 -v give the result “CoreELEC BL301 not installed” or “CoreELEC BL301 Not found”. But this is also the case with an older image where IR wakeup is working without having Kodi started once. So it must be something else.
Can you help me to identify how/when the IR wakeup code is written into the bootloader?

My test was done with CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20.3-Nexus_nightly_20231008-Odroid_N2.img

As you found out already:

CoreELEC is a ‘Just enough OS’ Linux distribution based on Kodi technology for popular Amlogic hardware.

So you will need to make you a autostart script and write 1 to /sys/class/bl301_manager/setup_bl301 by yourself. Then the IR code is transferred to bl301 blob.

Thank you, that works. I will make a systemd script because the autostart.sh is only executed when Kodi runs.
Just for curiosity: What has changed? Where does CE execute the setting? I couldn’t find any script. Is it hardcoded inside Kodi itself?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.