Java for BD-J menus

do i need to manually add two .jar files,after i install your new jre addon

No, the addon itself is (or at least should be sufficient). I tried few my few samples and they are now working but Iā€™m not sure if my UHD sample worked previous time or not.

ng versionļ¼Œmost of my bd iso and bd folder can paly with bdj menuļ¼Œbut uhd files can not do it

If sacd-ISO Addon is installed, all BD & UHD ISO will not play.

fortunatelyļ¼ŒI found 2 uhd iso and 1 uhd folder can be played with bdj menu!
thank vpeter :smiley:
but strange thing happend,some bd files can be playde with bdj menu can not do it with this version.

1 Like

Hi, I am confused with this long post :smiley: , I am in coreelec 9.2.3 ng , what should I install from the google drive folder :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gb1eU7P6TVavyYlD5EYoYdY4I1xixVUK
in order to be able to whatch BD-J blurays?

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.3-vpeter-libbluray-1.2.0-2020.06.11.16.06.zip
tools.jre.zulu-9.2.100-Amlogic-ng-libbluray-1.2.0.zip

thanks , I will try

Hi, is CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.3-vpeter-libbluray-1.2.0-2020.06.11.16.06.tar a backup to be restored using standard restore? or is a new image to be burn in sd/usb?

It is image which needs to be updated with.

can i use this update tar to update mix os deviceā€˜s coreelecļ¼Ÿ

What do you mean by this? It is -ng image with few extra packages bump.

Hey nice to see this working out.

I just received my Odroid N2 that I bought to be able to test this.
Nevermind just figured it out.

Is it possible to get libaacs for Coreelec? In this case we could playback original BD discs using Bluray disc drives.

It is already included in official image.

Tested and it works really nice, tested a BD and UHD BD here.
Very nice for such a small board.

Congrats Vpeter, thatā€™s really nice work you put in there.

Quick question, does your updates conflict with the automatic updates from CoreElec?
Should I disable the updates and stick with your image?

Yes, you need to use only my version.

So UHD BD works or not? I still couldnā€™t find any sample to test myself :frowning:

It does and it does not.

So Iā€™m still learning my ways with the Odroid N2. Not related but just wanted to tell Iā€™m using rclone with it and pointing to a huge storage with 5k+ movies and that amount is giving the uSD and a usb thumstick a very hard time reading all the covers.
This setup (minus rclone) using a NAS on my house with the Nvidia Shield TV Pro was way better after adding a SSD.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m learning right now, my ways with petite boot to avoid path substitution on Kodi.

Now back to UHD BD, it works flawlessly but Kodi 18.7 broke bluray playback.
the log outputs ā€œcanā€™t read index.bdmvā€ and stops.
Sorry for the lack of logs but Iā€™m formating the uSD right now.

To me, I was able to test several blurays and UHD blurays that had no problem installing:
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.3-Odroid_N2.img.gz
After that update with:
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.3-vpeter-libbluray-1.2.0-2020.06.11.16.06.tar
Install JRE addon and copied the 2 jar files.
Tryed a few discs from my NAS without any problem.

Automatic update came and itā€™s gone.
We need to stick with Kodi 18.6.

You seem to have a few permutations here. Can you provide more detail as to which setups you tested each disc, and whether it worked or not?

The reason I ask is there are two fundamental components here, 1) being kodi, 2) being libbluray. Each of those components impact playback of a bluray. In Kodi 18.6 ā†’ 18.7 there is a change (partial revert) that allows physical encrypted blurays to work. The change should not have any impact to ISOs or Folders, only physical discs, but this change should be considered. Now vpeterā€™s compilations have an updated version of libbluray then stock 18.7 has, this also contributes to whether a disc plays or not. While libbluray is developed, occasionally a regression may occur, so something might work previously but then stop working after upgrading.

Is your test disc a folder, ISO image, physical disc across SMB/NFS, or local physical disc?

For your test discs and the following setups: Does it play the main movie? Does it play as simple menu? Does it play as bluray menu?:

• 9.2.2 vpeter with libbluray
  • 9.2.3 vpeter with libbluray

Also, if you have an X86 (Intel or AMD) that you can test Kodi 18.7 with, those questions apply. Also does VLC play the disc?

Iā€™ll give you a preliminary result, so take it with a grain of salt since Iā€™m still testing it. I have the Odroid N2 for less than 24 hours now.

I can only test ISOs.
I have a fairly big collection on my NAS and thatā€™s the only one I can test.
All my tests have in mind full menus, because the rest works, simple menu and direct main movie.

9.2.3 official paired with 1.2.0 and JRE-Zulu. Breaks any kind of Bluray, normal, UHD, Java or not.
From 9.2.3 to 9.2.3-vpeter, doesnā€™t solve it.
From 9.2.3. to 9.2.2 plays regular BD, UHD BD, but will not play 2 Dolby Vision discs I tried, 2001 and The Shinning.

Iā€™m now going to revert back from 9.2.2 to 9.2.3-vpeter to confirm it.

Hereā€™s the log for 2001:
2020-06-18 14:39:36.393 T:3646641024 ERROR: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - Unsupported titles found - Some titles canā€™t be played in navigation mode
2020-06-18 14:39:36.393 T:3646641024 ERROR: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - failed play disk smb://removed for privacy reasons.iso

I have fixed in main Kodi and my changes were merged: