Jdownloader on CoreELEC

Has anyone managed to successfully install Jdownloader on CoreELEC? I have tried using Jaymoulin’s Docker container but my understanding is that there’s something stopping it from running properly on CoreELEC.

Maybe it would work with jre from jre.zulu addon.

1 Like

Pyload is a good alternative and works well for me

1 Like

Cannot find any info how to install this addon

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try it out.

If you still interesting how make Jaymoulin’s JD2 to works let me know.

please tell me #interested :slight_smile:

I’d like to know that too. Thanks.

Hello , Happy Holidays.
first you need to know where you want to download all files. if HDD , plug in and go to SSH and run command “df” and find your HDD , something like /var/media/FLASH/ (flash is name of your HDD/flash drive)
than you need to know your hardware . Im using Vontar X3 what is ARM procesor. So I need use correct version of JD2 all version find here

Docker

This command install JD2

docker run -d --init --restart=always -v /var/media/FLASH/Stahovani:/opt/JDownloader/Downloads -v ~/Jd2:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) -p 3129:3129 -e MYJD_USER=XXXX your Email -e MYJD_PASSWORD=your password -e MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Name of device jaymoulin/jdownloader:1.4.2-arm64v8

/var/media/FLASH/Stahovani = download location (rewrite yours)
MYJD_USER=XXXX your Email = put your JD2 login email
MYJD_PASSWORD=your password = put your JD2 login password
MYJD_DEVICE_NAME=Name of device = your device name (you can change in JD2 settings )
jaymoulin/jdownloader:1.4.2-arm64v8 = version of JD2 (if JD2 wont boot up , change version of JD2 from link above)

1 Like

I was using pyload installed as part of entware, but when I upgraded to the latest entware it broke due to python versions. This came in handy. Thanks @supperka! :slight_smile:

I get this in the logs when trying to install JD2

cp: cannot create regular file '/opt/JDownloader/app/cfg/org.jdownloader.api.myjdownloader.MyJDownloaderSettings.json': No such file or directory
sed: can't read /opt/JDownloader/app/cfg/org.jdownloader.api.myjdownloader.MyJDownloaderSettings.json: No such file or directory
/opt/JDownloader/daemon.sh: 1: kill: Usage: kill [-s sigspec | -signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or
kill -l [exitstatus]
sed: can't read /opt/JDownloader/app/cfg/org.jdownloader.api.myjdownloader.MyJDownloaderSettings.json: No such file or directory
cp: target '/opt/JDownloader/app/libs/' is not a directory
Error: Unable to access jarfile /opt/JDownloader/app/JDownloader.jar
cp: cannot create regular file '/opt/JDownloader/app/cfg/org.jdownloader.api.myjdownloader.MyJDownloaderSettings.json': No such file or directory
/opt/JDownloader/daemon.sh: 1: kill: Usage: kill [-s sigspec | -signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or
kill -l [exitstatus]
cp: target '/opt/JDownloader/app/libs/' is not a directory
Error: Unable to access jarfile /opt/JDownloader/app/JDownloader.jar
``

Use the docker version. It’s easy and less prone to problems.

I don’t know what docker parameters to use. Any sample configuration?

I have never understood when to use docker run when to use docker create.

Sometimes local time is included sometimes it isn’t. No idea what determines all this.

Btw I did indeed try to install using docker ad from this post above

Try creating folder and then install jdl again. Maybe it will work. Is this some entware package?

mkdir -p /storage/.opt

Not entware, docker. As described here - Jdownloader on CoreELEC - #9 by supperka

Will try and revert back. Thanks. I thought the /opt/ is reference to opt folder which already exists in the root directory.