Khadas to release a S922X board

Some might be interested to see that Khadas have designed a S922X board which they will call the VIM3:

I envisage thermal issues without a built on heatsink, and I also question the usefulness of a single lane PCIe bus when its only going to be available through the GPIO’s.

I can’t see this been a serious competitor to the N2 as its likely to hit the market at +€100 given their previous offerings. Their maybe some niche market of embedded systems where the AI co-processor is an asset.

Shoog

1 Like

Has a lot of features, bluetooth, wifi, M.2 slot. Wonder if it can do NVMe with four lanes, that would be something.

According to the khadas forum it can do only one PCIe lane as it is all what S922x is supposed to support (https://forum.khadas.com/t/khadas-vim3-is-launching-soon/4103/5).

We have sent them an email requesting samples for our team so we can add support for it, the ball is in their court if they want to work with us and have the same great relationship with us that we have with Hardkernel.

1 Like

It is PCI-E 2.0 x1, so it has essentially the same bandwidth as USB 3.0 does.
I would say that this can be useful if you are using the device as an actual computer and need the fast storage, but for CE purposes, I don’t see how having NVME is more useful than plain old USB 3.0.

From what I’ve been reading will be 3 models!
This is only the first to be released.

SuperSpeed USB is probably better since the media is generally cheaper.

Now if the board could support even two lanes you would get a nice boost in storage speed. I put a brand new model Samsung NVMe drive in my late model laptop and it’s sick fast, gets over 3k mB/s on both seq read and write, of course that’s 3.0x4.

New Infos.

Not a fair comparison with no pricing or mention of the heatsink which is another $25 from Khadas, seems like a marketing stunt.

1 Like

price wil be released next week