Khadas VIM 3 has landed!

Thermals have already been discussed in this thread. Near 100c under load with the heatsink suggests a fan is mandatory here.

There are no temps in those graphs.

It’s good to know they used Samsung memory chips aswell, I’m really looking forward to receiving it! If a build is ready by the time I receive it then that really would be great but I understand you have a life and much more important commitments than CE…

I’ve never had any luck with dhl/fedex from
China to UK, I order ALOT from China and the only times I’ve ever been hit with charges is with dhl and fedex I’ve never once had them with China post or ems, luckily the free post option khadas offers is with China post so I’m pretty sure I’ll be fine fee wise :crossed_fingers:

Canada’s been kinda up and down over the years with duties and stuff from china as most chinese vendors mark things as gifts or samples and the local customs seem to let it go… i once bought a whole block of S812’s (100) and they came marked as gifts and Canada Post delivered them without any charge.

Word is that is probably about to change here in Canada… someone i know that works at Canada Customs told me that probably in the near future there will no more gifts or samples from China allowed as part of the crack down of Canada’s issues with China.

Not yet. There is no CE for KVIM3 and 150balbes LE for KVIM3 doesn’t support crazycat dvb drivers addons.
BTW CE by default support TBS5520SE in crazycat dvb drivers addons.

2 Likes

Loving me N2 but I popped on one of these when the promo was running as it looked like it could be a decent little board!!

Didn’t go for the fan at the time due the N2 being heatsink only but it is clocked higher, I’ll wait for some dev reports when they are getting used a bit more to see if I need one, would prefer to keep it silent and little fans are normally quite high pitched…

Anyone used a Khadas fan before to report noise levels?

Cheers, E.

Will this copper heatsink be ok for CE usage without throttling?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Khadas VIM4 A311D2