Khadas VIM3 testbuilds

I just wanted to know your opinion about VIM3. I will stick to N2 then.

If you didn’t have a N2 you could have considered either.

We try not to give opinions and remain impartial so we are not seen to be biased towards any particular vendor, both boards are excellent over the previous generation though.

3 Likes

after reading all the current developments posts, i just pre order the vim3 basic with heat stink and diy case. hope there is a stable build when i get my sample.
thanks all the devs at CE, i can finally get rid of my s912 device (with patched U boot, it works also very nice but with 3.14 is not optimal):smiley:

@anon88919003, Would you like to share or update the progress of coreelec on Vim3?

Khadas VIM3 support in CoreELEC is at an almost equal parity to the N2

:white_check_mark: Booting from USB/SD
:white_check_mark: Hardware decoding of all formats
:white_check_mark: Sound
:white_check_mark: Gigabit Ethernet
:white_check_mark: Wifi
:white_check_mark: Bluetooth
:white_check_mark: CEC
:white_check_mark: IR

We are just polishing off internal install support and our custom bootloader.

Our nightly image is already usable on the VIM3.

4 Likes

Wow, That’s great, I also hope it supports OpenVFD.

@andy5macht there was never an issue with this VIM3 with GBit Ethernet, the problem was with the GT-King.

@startv I haven’t tried it yet but there is absolutely no reason that OpenVFD shouldn’t already work.

It’s awesome,which pins will be use? pin25, pin26?

I am very grateful to the coreelec team for their work. I really like CE. I am very happy to hear your progress. But I am very disappointed to hear that you will remove the function install to emmc , I think this feature is necessary. VIM3 does not have to be on par with the broken Beelink GT-King.
If we can’t install emmc, what is the value of emmc of VIM3? Both lose a USB port and slow down the system startup speed. I am really disappointed.

Please read a message on that you replied attentively:

We are just polishing off internal install support and our custom bootloader.

Oh, It seems to be a Google translation error, the polishing off is translated as thrown away and not pushed forward.
thank you.

Is HDR10+ support working on the VIM3? Or does it output SDR for that format like the odroid n2

It outputs SDR as the N2. It is not hardware issue it is there in all 4.9 kernel build.

How is the video engine of A311D activated?? Any test or info from Khadas?

What would you like to know? There is not so much difference between the S922X and A311D in video.

Just curious how is all these video processing HW features like NR/scaling/Deinterlace/HDR remapping etc activated by CE. For some Android boxes, there will be some switches in the native player to see and check the difference.

You can find some in CE setting like SDR to HDR (which is useless) or HDR to SDR.
Others like superscaler is deactivated because of the unwanted side effect (cartoonish look of people).
Without documentation hard to fine tune these features.

Understood and thanks for feedback,hope Khadas or AMlogic could make some major features usable.

@anon88919003 First of all, express our respect for you team on this test build, Any progress for the VIM3 on CE? as the shipping date of VIM3 coming soon.

1 Like