[Kodi19] Kodi accessing filesystem in Movie/TV show Views and MovieInfoDialog

​Hello all,

I’don’t know, if it’s skin related, or it’s Kodi itself.
Sometimes Kodi will access the filesystem where a specific movie or tv-show is stored, just while browsing movie/tv show database (database view).
I can’t figured out, when this is happen, it seems to happen by accidient. But I think it’s maybe in some relation with reading mediatags or something out of the files.
I turned every option in the skin settings to off, to prevent this behavier… No luck

Why this is so important:
My media files are stored on a NAS with sleeping hdds, so these hdds will wake up with this behavier.

My configuration
Kodi 19.3 with the standard Estuary skin
Only one share on hdd, which is always on
The database holds another few shares (different hdds, which are mainly asleep)

So my questions, can I somehow prevent this behavier? Can I, if necessaary, stop Kodi to read mediaflags / media info from files?
This happens only with Kodi19 and above…

Thanks for your support,
WebEye

Having the same “problem” (NAS disks in standby) what helped in my case was to turn off “Extract video information from files” and “Extract chapter thumbnails” in the Video section of Settings/Media in CE. I turn this back on while scanning for new content. This used to work perfectly with older CE versions. In 19.x I also get an occasional spinup of the disks but I am using the Estuary Mod skin now, so that might be the reason.

Having the same “problem” (NAS disks in standby) what helped in my case was to turn off “Extract video information from files” and “Extract chapter thumbnails” in the Video section of Settings/Media in CE. I turn this back on while scanning for new content. This used to work perfectly with older CE versions. In 19.x I also get an occasional spinup of the disks but I am using the Estuary Mod skin now, so that might be the reason.

Yes, I realized the settings under Settings/Media/Artwork helped, but it isn’t a good alternative, because I’ve got a few non database views with changing files, and then I’ve got no previews of the media.

In any case thanks for help, any suggestions are still welcome,
WebEye

Hello,

however browsing video library works now without accessing the filesystem. Probably, I had a few movies without proper artwork and now everythings is fine.
Just one thing, if I go in the tv-show information dialog (DialogVideoInfo.xml), Kodi will search for these files next to the source file:

banner.jpg
banner.png
thumb.jpg
thumb.png
movie.tbn
folder.jpg

Do anybody know, how to prevent this, this happens only from TV-Show Information Dialog!

Thanks,
WebEye

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.