Latest nightly - Strange video slowdowns?

Hi all, having an issue where i get some strange slowdown in videos for about 5-10 seconds then it will resume fine? This only happens once or twice in a 1h.30m film

This is playing directly from a HDD.

Never seen this in the stable before, has anyone else experienced this?

I did have a problem with DTS sound cutting in and out, after a FW update on my TV it now works fine, but as i come to think about it i think it started when i enabled passthrough.

Ill turn it off and test again.

Take it its just me then?

Is it dropped frames? Because I have this and when I start debug overlay it is skipping frames

I have no problem/slowdowns with h.265 movies on my N2.
I use almost every nightly.

Confirm, there are no slowdowns on my N2.
I suspect that it is often due to the data source(s).

Weird, im gonna do a HDD test and defrag, .

Im not sure but at certain points in sort of just goes into a locking up and catching up kinda thing, ill try to get a vid of it, but ill do the cleanup first.

Please tell us your hardware audio setup and what the audio format of the media with slow down is.

Here having same with aac 5.1 sound. Only if I have my AVR connected and passthrough.

Hiya, I am using an N2 Latest nightly, Movie is using AC3 8 bit 48hz

I am connecting to my soundbar by toslink from the tv.

I am using multi channel sound and passthrough.

Ok i was watching Birdbox, which i watch alot because i love it…

It just happened at the point where they let gary in and hes on the floor talking, so i rewind to take a small video clip and it then plays fine. So appears its not at certain points rather than something causing it, hope this helps.

@roden, @franky79
What skin are you using, default or not?
It could be not related, but need to clarify.

Eminence 2.0

Could you try if issue present with default skin?

Yes ill try, its weird though as it can be random.

Having the same problem. Appears like mentioned randomly about twice in one movie.

7.1 4k hdr output to avr

Just started watching the walking dead season 10, its happened 2 or 3 times in the first 3 episodes. Never ever had this before, used to be as smooth as butter, turned of passthrough and still the same so its not that.

I managed to video it but had to do it quickly, its 150mb, hope this helps.

DAMN WEIRD!!!

Ok im fed up now, its like every 5 to 10 mins, whats going on. Changed to standard skin, still does it.

Rule that out.

I’m having a very similar, if not the same problem, using the default skin.

My logs: http://ix.io/2e2C
Mediainfo for the file: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/TwBnG5W5kS/

The problem is that when the video changes from one scene to another, past one of the chapter markers, it starts dropping frames terribly. If I restart playback from a point AFTER that chapter marker, it plays fine.

In the log files, I believe that the problem starts around the line: ‘2020-03-11 20:10:48.783 T:3227091840 DEBUG: CPtsTracker: pattern lost on diff -803092911.000000, number of losses 2’

Before that point, the ttd values are ~ +270ms. After that point, the ttd values are now ~ -802836ms, a very strange value.

It sounds like my issue is related to this: Odroid N2 test builds

From what I can tell, it hasn’t been resolved yet.

Bugger might have to go back to stable then, cant be having this hassle.

Nope not resolved, sure the number one aspect in any build is playback actually works, if that doesnt the everything else it redundant?

Can anyone tell me please your SoC revision?
By SSH: cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Serial
Or in Kodi->Settings->system information (somewhere)