LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, AAC codecs (A2DP Audio) support to PulseAudio

Hi, can you please add this codecs to bluetooth streaming please?
I’ve just tested today on ubuntu using Airpods for enabling aac, and the sound is so much better than default SBC. It took only 5 mintes of my time and i have medium linux knowledge. I think a lot of users that uses bluetooth will benefit from this but they are not aware of it. Coreelec already has bluez5 so i think it would be kind of easy to implement.
Thank you!
This is what i used:

6 Likes

I’d like to back this idea :slight_smile:

My Sony WH-1000XM3 support all of those codecs and I would also very appreciate support for better BT audio codecs in CoreElec, at least for new generation of chipsets.

Some boxes (f.e. Ugoos AM6) already have blutooth 5.0 chipsets and it would be nice to use it for better sounding audio.
I would gladly participate testing if needed.

Yes definitely. This would be a great addition!

Yes, adding better BT audio codecs (especially LDAC) would make my box with CoreElec perfect. I’m not skilled in Linux but anyway I would participate on testing as much as I could. My devices are Sony WH-1000XM2 headset (supports LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, AAC) and X96MaxPlus box (S905X3 @ 4GB/32GB).

Great iniative! I would like to add one more codec to the “wish list” - APTX LL (low latency). This is the only codec so far I believe which has so low latency that you don’t notice it when watching movies/tv series.All the other codecs (LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, AAC) have noticably latency.

Thanks

This project can help to implement a solution :

2 Likes