Linuxserver docker 32bit EOL - now fixed by creator

I have been running many docker containers: Nextcloud, Plex etc. but a few days ago they were akk shut down. I thought my system was bad, but found out that linuxserver now requires 64bit os and userspace for their docker containers to work… very sad day.

Is there anything we can do on CE side?

systemctl status docker.linuxserver.plex.service
● docker.linuxserver.nextcloud.service - docker.linuxserver.nextcloud container
     Loaded: loaded (/storage/.kodi/addons/docker.linuxserver.nextcloud/system.d/docker.linuxserver.n
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2023-10-18 02:38:38 CEST; 31min ago
   Main PID: 3940 (sh)
      Tasks: 2 (limit: 3703)
     Memory: 1.3M
     CGroup: /system.slice/docker.linuxserver.nextcloud.service
             ├─3940 /bin/sh /storage/.kodi/addons/docker.linuxserver.nextcloud/bin/docker.linuxse
             └─4040 sleep infinity

Oct 18 02:38:38 CoreELEC systemd[1]: Started docker.linuxserver.nextcloud container.
Oct 18 02:38:38 CoreELEC sh[3940]:   **************************************************************
Oct 18 02:38:38 CoreELEC sh[3940]:   **************************************************************
Oct 18 02:38:38 CoreELEC sh[3940]:   ****            You are using 32 bit userspace            ****
Oct 18 02:38:38 CoreELEC sh[3940]:   ****       Linuxserver has deprecated 32 bit images       ****
Oct 18 02:38:38 CoreELEC sh[3940]:   **** https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-07-01-armhf/ ****
Oct 18 02:38:38 CoreELEC sh[3940]:   ****         This addon will not run on your system       ****

Amlogic-ne userland is aarch64.

Some discussion even for 32 bit userland: LSIO 32bit docker images won't work anymore - Add-on Support - LibreELEC Forum

1 Like

Thanks, I will watch that thread - exactly my problem - and perhaps workaround…

I managed to get my docker addons working again by modifying the files in the addons folder for each add-on – e.g. /storage/.kodi/addons/docker.linuxserver.plex/bin/docker.linuxserver.plex

I had to delete the part where it checks for the 32bit system. You can remove the sleep infinitely line.

It had to be forced to use an “arm64v8” tag when updating the images:

#set docker image
DOCKERIMAGETAG="arm64v8-latest"
DOCKERIMAGE="linuxserver/plex"

and further change the same files by adding this $DOCKERIMAGETAG to the auto-updater area - replace with this code:

if ! grep -q "$DOCKERIMAGE" /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/docker.linuxserver.updater/update.sh; then
  echo "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/docker pull ${DOCKERIMAGE}:${DOCKERIMAGETAG}" >> /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/docker.linuxserver.updater/update.sh
fi

and also it needs the very last line changed from “$DOCKERIMAGE”:latest to:

"$DOCKERIMAGE":"$DOCKERIMAGETAG"
2 Likes

This has now been fixed by the creator to allow the 64bit version to run on a 32bit userspace.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.