Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

You can share your nvram config file?

Please try first the included nvram_ap6354.txt in the devel image. If only 2.4 does work try again with your nvram config file if 5GHz come available, thx

This is the newest i found right now:
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rk-rootfs-build/blob/master/overlay-firmware/system/etc/firmware/nvram_ap6354.txt

5GHz problem can’t be reproduced - maybe I made a typo when insmoding late at midnight…
Anyway dropping config.txt in /storage/.config/firmware/brcm/ makes the wifi work with your nvram file

dmesg log:
dmesg_after_dropping_config.txt (97.0 KB)

Bluetooth is still not fully working though

1 Like

Hallo!
Habe mir auch eine X96 Box bei A… gekauft mit 4/32GB 1000Lan.
Klappt soweit sehr gut, aber leider kein BT und kein Wlan.
Installiert habe ich 19.2-RC3. Wusste nicht, dass es die Boxen mit verschiedenen Chips gibt. Mist.
Vielleicht einen Tipp, wie ich BT und Wlan ins laufen bekomme?
Vielen Dank & schöne Grüße aus Koblenz
Dirk

Hello!
I also bought an X96 box from A … with 4 / 32GB 1000Lan.
Works so far very well, but unfortunately no BT and no WiFi.
I installed 19.2-RC3. Didn’t know that there are boxes with different chips. Damn.
Maybe a tip on how I can get BT and Wlan running?
Many thanks & best regards from Koblenz
Dirk

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*
P: /devices/platform/ffe03000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
L: 0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/ffe03000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
E: SDIO_CLASS=00
E: SDIO_ID=037A:7603
E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v037Ad7603
E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

P: /devices/platform/ffe03000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:2
L: 0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/ffe03000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:2
E: SDIO_CLASS=00
E: SDIO_ID=037A:7663
E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v037Ad7663
E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

Die Masse der User versteht kein deutsch, nur Englisch.
Pls write in english, You can use google translator

@sunny-ko @jdy @username1 about the 037a:7603 Wifi modul:

We are not able to find the correct driver for our 4.9 kernel version. All we find do require a kernel 5.2 or newer. So maybe one of you can make a dmesg log of Android as we guess the Wifi is working there. Maybe this shows more information what driver is used. Also any of you can contact the vendor of the device and request the driver source.

Thank you for the support.

Hello, I have the same problems, I can make wifi and bluetooth work adding the

fw_bcm4354a1_ag.bin
nvram_ap6354.txt
config.txt

to /storage/.config/firmware/brcm/

However I could not make bluetooth work in proper way. I have the contact of the vendor, maybe it could give me the driver source, which files I need to request ?

The Linux driver. Complete and compatible with Linux 4.9.

Thank you, will ask and let you know

Hello,
I contacted the vendor, unfortunately he couldn’t provide me with the files, he said that he are just working for android drivers, not for linux.
I’ve reproduce the issue that I’m having and this is the log: http://ix.io/3wST

To describe the issue: I want to connect two ps3 controllers for gaming, ps3 controllers need to connected via mini usb cable and then disconnect in order to be recognized via bluetooth, so I do that and works fine for the first controller, but second controller doesn’t work following the same steps, also, when I reboot the system, the first controller is not automatically detected when I press the scanning button on it, so it seems that the bluetooth drivers are not to stable in Matrix_rc3, at least with the x96_Max_Plus2_T device.

Read on internet I’ve found this github repo; GitHub - winterheart/broadcom-bt-firmware: Repository for various Broadcom Bluetooth firmware</tit

On that the owner said that " Some Bluetooth controller (for example, BCM4354 and BCM4356) are integrated to WiFi chipset. These devices requires two kinds of firmware - first for WiFi, and second for Bluetooth. Without WiFi firmware Bluetooth will not initialize and will not work properly. Firmware for WiFi already included to kernel, but you may need to do additional work to place correct NVRAM."

Thanks a lot, will keep collaborating

They are the same.

hi and hi all,
how can you make the WiFi work with these? And where are these files available?

I have a working x96max plus and I bought another this spring, I wanted to install it for my mum, but WiFi doesn’t work. Bluetooth wouldn’t be necessary. I’d like her to be able to stream youtube videos over Yatse to the device.

As I see, the issue isn’t sorted out yet…
Is there a way to have just working WiFi?

Thank you very much in advance.
PS. I haven’t been able to test LAN, but that wouldn’t be an option anyway.

Implemented Wifi driver BCM4354

I installed this matrix version and didn’t help :frowning: WiFi/connections were still empty.
What can I do? :frowning:

Ask crystal :crystal_ball:?

Hello,

I’m still ask my vendor to share with me the drivers of the X96_max_plus2_T, but they are hard to get.

I’ve done a dmesg on the stock system of the box and this is the log: https://file.io/ziFgaBpc1p47
Also, I’ve adb pull the files in /vendor/etc/bluetooth: Filebin | 9cldsh0qn6pkrnfv
And files in /vendor/etc/wifi/buildin: Filebin | 4iih49iozpmf5v6r

Hope it would help, many thanks

The file you requested has been deleted

Sorry: Filebin | urtv5hndd8iwlcrf

Hi, fortunately, my vendor have provide me with the drivers :smiley: : Filebin | 3wmvawur87i68dza

Hi, the drivers folder have been deleted, here are the files again: drivers

Does anyone have some contribution?

This are firmware files not a driver.