Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

We are looking for users who have devices that doesn’t have working WiFi or BT so we can continue to improve CoreELEC support for all devices.

If you have any of the following devices then please do not reply as we are unable to support these devices due to no driver being available.

• Mecool K1 Plus (S905D) (9028xs)
  • Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W) (9028xs)
  • T95N (S905X) (9082xs)

If you have issues with INTERNAL WiFi or BT then please also SSH to your device and enter the following command and paste the resulting link with any post you make.

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/* | paste

If your issue relates to a USB WiFi or BT dongle then please paste the output of the command lsusb instead.

lsusb | paste

If your issue relates to a PCI WiFi or BT dongle then please paste the output of the command lspci instead. (Supported since Amlogic-ne 20230919)

udevadm info /sys/bus/pci/devices/* | paste
lspci | paste

Please also provide a dmesg:

dmesg | paste

Please also post which device you are using.

5 Likes

X96S 2GB version (g12a_s905x2_2gb.dtb). It uses a RTL8723BS. I am able to get the WiFi to work simply by adding the correct driver, but bluetooth does not seem to want to coexist. It currently does not see the device at all if I try to run rtk_hciattach against it (on ttyS0). I’ll post the devices list next time I have the stick up and running.

@lbernstone I’m guessing you created a custom -ng build with the RTL8723BS-aml package included?

We have recently dumped the rtl8723bs_bt firmware package which included rtk_hciattach in favour of a more up-to date Generic version that can be used with multiple Realtek based adaptors.

You may need to cycle the BT chip before running rtk_hciattach, install the latest nightly image and try the following:

echo 0 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
echo 1 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
/usr/bin/rtk_hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 rtk_h5

Copy the output to pastebin and paste a link.

Adding my previous links about the Droix X3 as the same problem is relevant to this topic.

post 1 and post 2.

I currently have no way of bringing up the terminal in CoreELEC when it is running and trying the Terminal Emulator for Android keeps telling me udevadm is not found.

Try the following in terminal emulator on Android:

cat /sys/devices/platform/ffe03000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1/uevent

We only need to know the value of SDIO_ID.

DRIVER-wlan
SDIO_CLASS=00
SDIO_ID=037A:7608
M0DALIAS=sdio:c00v037Ad7608

1 Like

Your device has the Mediatek mt7668 chip which we do not have a driver for in our builds and this is why it doesn’t work, we are still working on locating this.

No problem, thanks for the update.

To be honest, I’m not really bothered about the WiFi/Bluetooth as its the LAN that is more useful to me. Would that be a separate device?

Same X96S 2/16G Android TV stick in the 2nd post, WiFi chip is RTL8723. I SSH and run the command as instructed. Here is the result.
http://ix.io/2cah

I also have the X96S 4/32G version Android TV stick which used a different WiFi chip and support 5GHz band as well. Both WiFi and BT works.

Edit: I already testing with the latest build on 2/16G device and it still doesn’t work.

@grimgriefer this thread is for WiFi and BT only, please open a new thread in the hardware section for your LAN issue.

We have located a potentially usable driver for your chipset and I will PM you for testing this.

:+1:
That was the ticket. There is still a filename mismatch in the build, but with some manual symlinks, I got a device in hciconfig!. rtk_attach is looking for this:

Realtek Bluetooth ERROR: Can't access Config file: /lib/firmware/rtlbt/rtl8723b_config, No such file or directory
Realtek Bluetooth ERROR: Read Config file error, use eFuse settings
Realtek Bluetooth ERROR: Can't access firmware /lib/firmware/rtlbt/rtl8723b_fw, No such file or directory

CoreELEC:/var/lib/firmware/rtlbt # ls rtl8723*
rtl8723bs_VQ0_config  rtl8723bs_config
rtl8723bs_VQ0_fw      rtl8723bs_fw

@lbernstone thanks for the heads up, I will look at this later, I would like to get it working without you having to use a symlink so other users can benefit also.

@wkchick we already know how to fix your device, this will be addressed soon.

Thanks, your help and support is very much appreciated.

Sounds good to me, thanks.

@lbernstone I have pushed the changes for RTL8723BS, they should be in tomorrow’s nightly, let us know if everything is good for you after this.

X96 air 905x3 4-32 p3. No out Sound Bluetooth…
P: /devices/platform/ffe03000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
L: 0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/ffe03000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
E: DRIVER=rtl88x2cs
E: SDIO_CLASS=07
E: SDIO_ID=024C:C822
E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v024CdC822
E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio
E: USEC_INITIALIZED=8063451
E: SYSTEMD_WANTS=rtkbt-firmware-aml.service
E: TAGS=:systemd:

1 Like

@Joni2012 this thread is for people who do not have working WiFi or BT, not for hijacking with configuration issues. RTL8822CS is already confirmed working.

Device: Mecool K7
Both wifi and bluetooth arent working.

K7:/ # cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio:0001:1/uevent
DRIVER=wlan
SDIO_CLASS=00
SDIO_ID=037A:7608
MODALIAS=sdio:c00v037Ad7608

K7:/ # cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio:0001:2/uevent
DRIVER=btmtk_sdio
SDIO_CLASS=00
SDIO_ID=037A:7668
MODALIAS=sdio:c00v037Ad7668

Tested build CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200220.tar on X96S 2/16G Android TV stick, now both WiFi and BT (detects all Mi-band nearby right away) are working.

Many thanks.

2 Likes