MCE Remote

Sorry me again!

OK so when I used to use LE, I would plug my MCE USB Dongle in and be able to use my Media Center remote natively with the exception of using keymap editor to change a couple of the buttons so they did something else. I’ve never bothered using the remote that came with the devices as they are too basic.

Now using CE I’ve done the same as above and the functionality is as expected. However, I noticed that the range seems to be very limited, after doing a bit of digging, it would appear the dongle is no longer being used but instead the onboard IR - something that never previously worked on LE Krypton. I remember when trying really old builds of Leia on LE that the dongle didnt work at all and I was told to install the crazycat dvb package.

I saw today within addons that I could go into the LE Module Drivers so tested switching to "DVB Drivers for TBS (CrazyCat), this instantly fixed the issue after a reboot and the dongle was used again and the range was good of the remote. However, I am now getting double keypresses as obviously the onboard IR is picking up the signal too. Is there a way of disabling the onboard IR or is it going to be a case of covering up the receiver?

Thanks
Adam

Not sure, but in the Coreelec configuration, try turning off LIRC

There is no LIRC option there anymore, I think I’ve fixed this though.

Took a copy of rc_maps.cfg within /etc and created a new one within config and changed the following line adding a # to the start:

#* rc-rc6-mce libreelec_multi

Switcing back to TBS drivers CrazyCat and rebooting my MCE dongle is working as expected and no longer getting double key presses registered.

Cheers

So 8.90.5 applied onto my box this morning before I left for work and the remote contol was no longer working.

I need to have a proper look when I get home from work this evening, but does anyone have any idea what may be going on?

This is using the config I advised above with the modification that I made to rc_maps.cfg so the onboard IR didn’t receive the signals.

Just been having a further nosey at this, two of my boxes are fine but one I am not too sure why.

maybe lirc related? it seems that it is an enabled protocol on the box which isnt working:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
Name: meson-ir
Driver: meson-ir, table: rc-empty
lirc device: /dev/lirc0
Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
Enabled protocols: lirc
bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event3) with:
Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:2093)
Driver: mceusb, table: rc-rc6-mce
lirc device: /dev/lirc1
Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
Enabled protocols: lirc rc-6
bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:2093, version: 0x0101

Working box:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
Supported protocols: other rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
Enabled protocols:
Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event3) with:
Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:060c)
Supported protocols: other rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
Enabled protocols: rc-6
bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:060c, version: 0x0101

There is no lirc conf file within .config and obviously there is no lirc within services anymore within the settings.

Would creating an autostart.sh within .config containting “systemctl stop eventlircd” be sufficient to resolve this?

Cheers

Did you ever find a solution to this? After enabling the DVB Drivers addon and rebooting, ir-keytable now finds the USB dongle as rc1, however it lists it with lirc enabled and no keypresses are shown when testing with ir-keytable --sysdev rc1 -p rc-6 -t. I’ve tried disabling the various lircd services with links to /dev/null in /storage/.config/system.d/ but it still loads it as an lirc device on reboot…

Here’s the ir-keytable output:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event4) with:
    lirc device: /dev/lirc0
    Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event5) with:
    Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (045e:006d)
    lirc device: /dev/lirc1
    Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
    bus: 3, vendor/product: 045e:006d, version: 0x0200